Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Greetings! I have a question that I hope someone is able to accurately answer. The question is:What colour does the LED go when a Cisco switch 2950 goes into Err-disabled mode? Thank you in advance for all your help. Kind regards,Ashraf.

guys i have 4503 switch with supII+TS and im trying to configure eigrp on it, but im getting the stub feature which casuses a problem in my network ..i want to use full eigrp ? is it IOS issue ? and what is the workaround solution ?

Hi all,1. Why do we need to configure flowcontrol on interfaces.2. Whenever we enable or disable flowcontrol y do we get the output as shown below, and y is it not removed from the config once the No command issued.interface GigabitEthernet7/4 (both ...

rkcontrol by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can anyone briefly tell me how to do this without hanging myself out of the box . We have basically been tasked with adding ssh access on both IOS and Catos boxes . I have read thru the cisco documents been its not entirely clear what needs to be...

glen.grant by VIP Alumni
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi folks,in a policy map, when I use the 'police' command without transmit/exceed/violate action specifications, there's an implicit exceed-action drop?Example:policy-map Test class X-Traffic police 64000exitIn this case, I've a policer always-on fo...

ariela by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Have a network {system}_______Cat 6509 ---GRE---- Cat 3550_____{system}Of course the GRE tunnel chops down the mtu size, so the highest I can perform the ping command (ping ip -f -l 1448) which when you add your 28 it comes to 1476 total. I can ping...

xaeniac by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

All,As I understand it Portfast should prevent a switch from generating TC BPDUs when the port moves into the forwarding state. There is a feature on the lastest IOS versions that allows you to enable Portfast on Trunk links.We are having a few issue...

cbeswick by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am planning on upgrading my current internet connection from a single T1 to a channelized DS3. I have some questions/issues on the logistics about how that would work.I currently have a little 2610 with a T1 card in it that I use as my edge router...

We have a network comprised of a Cisco 3845 router, Catalyst 3750 and 2950 switches connected to a WAN (See attached PDF).The issue we are experiencing (I wouldn't call it a problem) is the Catalyst 2950 seems to ignore the IP DEFAULT-GATEWAY stateme...