Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,I was wondering if Cisco IOS can provide basic DNS services or DNS forwarding. I know IOS can be set up as a DHCP server, but can IOS be a basic DNS server as well?Any help or insight would be appreciated!Thank you.

Coul you please help me understanding how can i measure the IP traffic ( percentage of bandwidth used istantaneusly/avarage/....)on an interface? For example a Fast Ethernet interface on a 6509 with IOS. Thanks, Simone

ogadri by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I have a doubt about clustering switch's.As i remember, i had a old client that had a StackWise connection between to swithc's(dont remember the model), and when i telnet to them, i only could see 1 equipment, but with 2 modules.I.E. gig 1/0/0...

I have a 3745 router running 12.2 IOS. I am trying to rename some files in flash (name.old)and TFTP some new files in to test. This seems pretty straight forward, any help would be appreciated. Will rate.

mparella by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Folks,I am trying to understand how the algorithm for Etherchannel load balancing works. If is select port-channel load-balance src-ip and i have say 4 channel members (g1/0/1,g1/0/2,g1/0/3,g1/0/4) lets assume that IP1 goes to g1/0/1 when all are ...

I have 2 3650 doing vlans. i have a firewall setup in between the internet and the switches. i have a dmz i am setting up on a seperate vlan that connects to an optional interface on my firewall. is there a way to have all traffic for this particu...

we've cat6k with sup7200.on sup720 there is 2 interfaces.is't possible to use both interfeces same time or only one.I configured both, but the second interface is constantly down (in spite of no shutdown command).

rmv72 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HelloI m Athar.My company has approx: 350 LAN clients.All these clients reside in one private ip range.We have 12 departements in the company.Now there is a need to implement VLANS in our existing LAN scenario.We have one router,one ASA-5520 ,and num...

hey,i need the interface to go to shutdown status when it goes down.i have 2 interface dialers that work in load-balance by cef. the problem is when i plug out one of the cables, i have packets lost. if i shutdown the dialer, it works fine.