Unified Computing System Discussions

Engage with peers and experts on UCS and HyperFlex topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco UCS X-Series Energy Efficiency Offer

Forum Posts

Hello, I'm trying to automate the install of Esxi servers in Cisco Blades, using powertools and I'm struggling to:- attach a remote media ISO- force the blade on next reboot to boot from the ISO I'm able to achieve the first point by doing all of thi...

fernGO by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, we have two 6296 that wont boot after power loss. We tried to connect to console but this also not work. So we dont get logs or a console access. I think we have maybe in this bug: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/field-notices/640/f...

MR10 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a UCS-C220 integrated with UCS Manager using a VIC in the MLOM slot.  Using UCS Manager, I configured a single vNIC, which is working fine.My question is, is it possible for the O/S to access the two 1Gb NICs on the motherboard, as well as the...

Hi All, I am facing issue getting ESXi boot after fresh installation. My environment is boot from SAN (Pure Storage). Strange part is that I have other UCS blades that are booting fine. Only difference is, hosts that are booting fine were installed b...

ESXbootfailure.png
IC2317 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, We have M3 b- and c-series servers and would like to refresh the hardware with M6. I understand that M3 and M6 in the same UCS domain won't work as there is no common firmware version, correct? M6 required 4.2 or higher, which does not support M3...

LJM by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Rebuild HDD

We have a C220 M3 server, and one of its HDs has a problem, as we had another server of the same model but without use, we removed the HD and replaced it, however the rebuild did not start. I would like to know if when changing the HD of this server ...

I'm about to go insane here. I've installed esxi 6.7u1 on my c210-m2, however the bios only detects the flash drive as bootable if I boot the installer ISO first and reboot. I've tried both legacy & uefi bios and no dice, doesn't appear in the BIOS a...

lukutu by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes