Wireless

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Labels

Forum Posts

Hi everybody.I was reading about highly directional antenna . Some of them have beam  width of less than 6 degrees. My question is how do we to align transmitter antenna with receiver's antenna to establish line of sight communication ?thanks and hav...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everybodyLet say we have an light weight access point ap1.  Ap1 is broadcasting two ssids:cisco1  which is mapped to vlan 1cisco 2  which is mapped to vlan 2If ap1 is using channel 6 for cisco 1, does it mean ap1 will also use same channel i.e cha...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

In my WLAN enviornment there are multiple heavy, block walls. In some locations the AP may be stored securely in a closet while the antennas are routed through the ceiling and down into a room with concrete block walls. What I'm wondering is, how can...

Hi,This might be kind of a stupid question, but I can't find anything about this on the internet.It is as following:We ordered 2 Cisco AIR-LAP1242AG-E-K9 Wireless Access Points with 4 AIR-ANT5135D-R antennas.We accidentally ordered the 5GHz antennas ...

We have Cisco MSE running wIPS mode. Cisco wIPS cost: License for wIPS, Cost of MSE, License  for WLC, LIcense for WCS and cost of AP to deploy. This is expensive  package and it is still not comprehensive. So many false  alerts...signatures get upda...

HiI would just like to know how or wot to do if i want a system in place as the wcs software. currenlty we are running the flex connect 7500 controller with fw 7.2.103.0 as i see on the compatibily matrix of the wcs it doesnt support this firmware. w...

I´ve a 877W router that disconnects wirelless clients one or two times per minute.In syslog appears many times the following messages:DOT11-4-MAXRETRIES: Packet to client XXXX.XXXX.XXXX reached max retries, removing the client.I was looking in cisco ...

Hi All, I have a lightweight AP that boots into Romon, if i hold the reset button in for 10 seconds or so it will boot into the IOS and download the config from the controller but never registers. then once i reboot it it goes back to Romon unless i ...

Dears i have WLC 5508 showing the below Logs , which prevent the users from connecting to the SSIDs , also its disconnecting the associted users DHCP Socket Task: Jul 11 09:54:08.992: %SIM-3-DHCP_SERVER_NO_REPLY: sim_interface.c:1039 Failed to get DH...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card