cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Don't miss this Cisco Catalyst 8000 offer

Labels

Forum Posts

Hiya, I've setup three sites, two with simple DSL connections out to the internet, and all of them with an MPLS line to connect them together. What I'm needing to get working is a GRE tunnel between the locations over the MPLS so that I can exchange...

Hello!my question is:When you have frame-relay partial-mesh topology, something like this: X / | \ / | \ X X Xwhy everyone prefer to configure a subnet per vc(3 subnets in this case) instead of the simple solution of configuring 1...

I have a 2821 with an NM-HDV3-2T1/E1 network module installed. I have an VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 installed in the open slot. The VWIC is connected to 2 data T1s and they are working fine(t1 1/0/0 and 1/0/1). The problem I am having is defining the onboard T...

ssjoberg by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Textbooks like to go through the steps of what happens to a packet as it goes from client to server through a single router. This always makes sense...The client application payload gets handed down the TCP/IP stack to layer 3, layer 2, etc., then b...

ncasey777 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hello,I am confuse between two different terms of MPLS VPN RD and RT. What is the difference between both and where they are used?will someone please clear this with some good example?

dangal.43 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,I got some help the other day with a slight nat config, but now that I have implemented it, I need a bit more. This is my config:!interface FastEthernet0/0 ip address <public ip1> 255.255.255.248 ip nat inside duplex auto speed auto!interface...

rhltechie by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello All,I have a query regarding the tail drop behavior when using WRED in conjunction with CBWFQ.What happens when traffic for any of the precedence queue exceed the max-threshold?Does the excess packets spill over to class-default or tail-drop re...

Hi Sir,I'm configuring a router which is in the boundary of EIGRP and OSPF. Interface Fas0/0 should be EIGRP network and Se0/0 should be OSPF network.!int fas 0/0 desc *** EIGRP Network *** ip address 150.50.1.1 255.255.255.0!int s 0/0 desc *** OSPF ...

I have a quick question to ask I have a point to point connection that is experiencing slowness and about 40% packet loss. I've openned up the access-list and took off the NATTing going from me to the client. The only NATTing is from the client to u...

wgranada1 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,does anybody know the recommended parameters for G.SHDSL link? I have two routers 878 connected back-to-back using G.SHDSL, but the connection is failed. The parameters of this link are following:Resist. - 61,5 OHMLength - 282,4 mDelay - 1233 nsIm...

When I access my PIX remotely or from the LAN it will drop the connection about 10 mins into configuring anything, even if I'm using the interface and monitoring. I then have to shut off my browser, wait a few minutes, then connect again. This is hap...

Just wondering if any one can clarify if the upgrade we are planning to do on our 1760 router to Cisco 1700 Advanced Security Feature Pack has support for ADSL over ISDN, from the Feature Navigator, it doesn't, however has for ADSL over PSTN.Regards

nkm by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, without SNMP monitoring, can I occasionally check temperature of a router?The scenario is that I will be deploying few routers and switches in a non-refrigerated computer room and I just would like to see whether I could check the temperature onc...

news2010a by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes