cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Webinar

Labels

Forum Posts

When setting up a console connection to a Cisco router from a PC, using some form of terminal emulation software, are there certain settings that must be configured, such as baud rate (eg. 9600), 8 bit, no parity, and so on ?

rossua994 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have a gig connection between two locations through our ISP. On both ends, each connection is going into a 3750-12S. The ISP's provisioning requires each port to be a trunk with dot1q encapsulation. I need to route data between these two locati...

almay by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am confused as to what type of cable is used to connect a PC to a Cisco router. (I don't yet own a real device so I have not yet seen the cable). In my CCNA guide it says that a console rollover cable with RJ45 connectors at each end is used. Howev...

rossua994 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

If an empty ACL (ie. consisting of no statements at all) is applied to an interface via :- ip access-group acl-number { in | out }what happens to traffic on the interface ? Will all traffic be permitted or all blocked ? I have read it is permitted, b...

rossua994 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 10 Helpful votes

Hi Everyone. I have a Catalyst 3548 switch (SMI) that I have connected to another Catalyst 3548 over a Microwave WAN connection. I would like to be able to monitor the traffic type, bandwidth usage on it and also I'd like to be able to graph bandwid...

Hello,I'm interested in setting up a wccp squid proxy and connecting it to a 2801 router. I have it registered on the router as a wccp device.If the cache server goes down will all http requests be dead, or will the requests just bypass the wccp red...

Another thing that i read is this example:imagine a diamond shape with 4 routers - each at each end + 1 router that goes through the middle ans is connected to only 2 of the router(the ones that at the end of the more wide angles).so it says that a r...

hello I have cisco 2811 that connected to a satellited modem in its serial interface and to internal network via its FastEthernet I enabled WCCP V2 to redirect the traffic to my Squid server but the cpu reach 90% despite the fact the bandwidth is le...

pinkheart by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can someone tell me how unequal-cost load balancing works?(only with IGRP and EIGRP - i know...)I know that equal-cost load balancing is supported on every routing protocol, and i guess it works like this: the equal-cost metrics summed up and then di...

How can i log on to the Switch module "NME-XD-48ES-2S-P" on Router 2851. I just installed the module and don't know how i can get into the switch part of the roter and configure it.All the interfaces i can see on the router areRouter1#sho ip inter b...

sanyaolu by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have read that when frame-relay is applied on hub-and-spoke topology - multicasts are possible and are more efficient in that network. but isn't frame relay is a NBMA network,which by definition cannot have broadcasts or multicasts?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card