Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

My question is layer 2 managed switch that supports QoS without using a router that has QoS support since the switch is already prioritizing the traffic before passing it to the router? or I have to set up my Qos in my router too? 

Micco by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I am using catalyst 3750 as a core switch with multiple VLANs and local DHCP Scopes for all the vlans. We will migrate the DHCP to external DHCP server ( Microsoft Server ). I want to know how external DHCP server can serve the DHCP request from ...

MAK6 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Everyone, Over the last 2 weeks, I've had 3 separate occurrences where a 2960X stack at a remote site goes down, and requires a reboot to restore connectivity to the switch and anything behind it. I was able to console into it this time when it...

DTC_ by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a NAC CPL that works fine on my ip-base switch with 3.6.9 but has issues on my lanbase with 16.3.8on the 16.3.8 switch, the port fails auth, applies the guest network template and then immediately un-applies it and reattempts authentication re...

Hello,I am trying to block access from switch on vlan7 outbound for tcp/3389.  My IP is 10.230.1.99  interface Vlan7ip address 10.230.1.220 255.255.255.192ip access-group BLOCK_RDP inip access-group BLOCK_RDP out ip access-list extended BLOCK_RDPdeny...

ohareka70 by Level 3
  • 23 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Does someone know if Cat9500 will support EVN Vnet trunk in the near future? We are going to replace a bunch of Cat4500x where Vnet trunk is in use.Regards,Urs

Hi Friends,we want to do auto-back configuration for Cisco 3K nexus switch through TFTP. Please find the below sample configurations. suggest me best one and modify if any changes are required.Because, below both are unable to configure and stocking ...

Resolved! PORT-SECURITY

Hi Experts, What is the difference between securesticky and securedynamic in the output of "sh port-sec add" 1. As far as my understanding both term define the MAC address learned dynamically.2. The difference I could see is that in running config fo...

Can QoS is possible in 2 manage switch to 4 unmanaged switches (daisy-chaining) and in the last switch is a managed switch. Im having a hard time because of the setup it's too far and I only have this 2 Manage switch(Sg300 28p) switch and 4 unmanaged...

qos.png
Micco by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I use 3750X switches with IOS version 152-4.E9.I'm looking to prioritize all traffic for VLANs 10 to 30 (data enterprise), the other VLANs will be in best effort. Is it possible to prioritize traffic for some VLAN ? Thank you in advance for yo...

sebastien3 by Level 4
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes