Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Has anyone run into an ie1000 that has all PoE ports set to status "disabled". I am thinking we might be having issues with the power supply that is powering this switch.  The attachment is the screen I am seeing, with PoE hosts connected but they ar...

Hi,I'm trying the following setup:So I only want vlan 999 between Switch B and Switch C, but spanning tree is blocking vlan 999 on it's end. Since vlan 999 is not in the trunks between A&B and A&C and do not understand why it's blocked.Can someone ex...

spanning tree example.png
bram.a by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have WS-C4510R running on Version 12.2(25)EWA6 and getting high CPU usage for 10 mins every 2 hrs, due to the SNMP ENGINE process.My C4510R using SNMPv3 to communicate with ZABBIX and SolarWinds.I have attached the log of show platform health, s...

Hello Guys, I planned to migrate the perimeter cisco switch, One port is connect to organization fortinet fireal that port is DMZ and the other port is connect to Internet.How to start from where ? i didn' t migrate any perimeter switch so need to be...

M.Sultan by Spotlight
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, I'm having a problem with several CBS 220 connected each other by a fiber loop. On all uplink port I see a lot of input packet with error. I try to exchange sfp, fiber patch, fiber port but nothing change. I'm quite sure that are traffic rela...

lvfranz by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I have an ISR4351 and it has three interfaces. To connect it to switch, the Gig0/0/2 has RJ45 type of connection as well as SFP type as well but for other two interfaces there is only SFP type. problem is that I have switch which has ethernet ...

Resolved! DHCP binding

Hello,When i see on ip dhcp binding, some entry have prefix 01 before mac address and some not have this prefix. What is prefix 01, and also why some have prefix and some haven't? 

hs08_0-1704348407847.png
hs08 by Spotlight
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Made the mistake of trying to downgrade a 9200CX to 17.6.5 for compliance sake and didn't check what the lowest IOS the switch could accept. Kept getting this error: "Failed to add chosen node and bootargs prop"Download ios 17.9.4 and am attempting t...

MMcNeill by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everyone,I would greatly appreciate your help.In a cisco switche Nexus 9K I would like to see in the log who made changes is some activities like add o delete users, for example “new user: name=ciscouser by admin” or “useradd by admin” it is possi...