Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello, I have made a topology of Switching but there is a problem that i couldn't solve. there are two layer 3 switches which are connected to other 5 layer 2 switches and connected to each other as well. Here are the configuration: 1-  All ports are...

Hi, I CONFIGURED A PORT CHANNEL FOR ACCESS PORT AS BELOW ON n5K AND ASSIGNED  A STATIC IP ADDRESS TO THE SERVER.FROM THE SERVER I TRIED TO PING VLAN 390 GATEWAY...I AM UNABLE TO PING IT....CAN SOME ONE HELP ME OUT ? IS BELOW CONFIG IS CORRECT ... DO ...

I have no idea what I am doing wrong, but I can't change the boot variable on a catalyst 4948: c4948-ph1a4-1#dir bootflash:Directory of bootflash:/    2  -rwx    12939640  Mar 31 2010 04:33:52 -05:00  cat4000-i5k91s-mz.122-25.EWA14.bin    3  -rwx   ...

Hi All , Its my first post here, Please help me on this as its giving me nightmares and a lot of pressure on my neck. i have  4  T1 lines with 2mbps bandwidth going from HQ to 4 remote offices. Ping latency between HQ to one of the remote office is q...

Litanel by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm trying to configure a QoS policy using modular QoS configuration, specifically nested class-maps.  I'm configuring a Cisco 3850 using IOS XE Denali 16.6.2.  After defining a couple of single class-maps, I tried to group them using the command 'ma...

Valgavv by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 1 Helpful votes

I have the question for the Cisco Nexus 5000 product. I understand that NEXUS 5000 can support up 10 Gigabit ethernet link. If we plug in the 1 Gigabit ethernet GBIC, can it support?

Hi,We have 2 x N5K as core/dist/access switches.  The mgmt0 int of these 2 N5k are directly connected.  I have a problem with ntp.  I cannot access the NTP server via the default VRF and I read somewhere that the access has to be via the management V...

pokwan by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Please erview attachment. We have a problem with VTP not propagating.  We have a 3550 which is acting as the VTP server in the domain fwnet4.I've verified that the domain name is the same, VTP version is the same, mode is configured correctly, all co...

I am aware of the ability of Cisco switches to provide "Inaccessible Authentication Bypass" as seen in the following configuration guide: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3650/software/release/3e/consolidated_guide/configura...

pdub206 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am using a 2500 series router with an octal-cable as an access server to my router / switch stack, and turning it on today I found a couple of issues, and I am having trouble finding the answer to this niche issue.   I have a direct Serial connecti...

Hello, I have a very little infrastructure with 4 rack servers (esxi with 4 1gb nics connected to a switch and a pair of Sonicwall NSA3500 in HA)   I upgraded each hosts with dual 10 GB nic for vSAN and VMotion. I wish to buy 2 Nexus 5010p and 2 Nexu...

Balteck by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Techs, Is a 2924XL switch. (yes I know it is a bit old but does its job) Have used conf t . no switchport access fa....Removed port from vlan. Exited.  Then vlan database. No vlan 3 Exited. Then wr. Power cycled switch. Done sh run cnfg but vlan 3...