Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi   I just wanted to check if there is a certain way that the stackpower cables need to be connected between 2 switches in a stack. I currently have a stack whereby the top stackpower port on switch 1 is connected to the top stackpower port on switc...

de1denta by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I’m trying to set up a pair of 1542D access points and I cannot get access to the configuration. Since both are behaving identically I assume it’s likely something I’ve missed in the, difficult to find, documentation. I’m using the “Cisco Wireless Co...

Membil by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,   I have a branch site set up with 3 2960x stacked and a 4451 router.  My default gateway for voice and data is on the router with a dhcp pool set up for voice and a ip helper address for data.  When I plug a laptop in I get this at first:    ...

T_tow by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

The Nexus 5548 switch when reloaded promptsloader>I read a little on it and first step was to extract kickstart using TFTP.I used my workstation to configure tftp server.But i cannot ping the mgmt ip of Nexus from the workstation.My workstation is wi...

CiscoBro by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have stack switches, both are Cat3750. After I stacked it, I have the following error:Switch# Role Mac Address Priority State -------------------------------------------------------- 1 Slave 0000.0000.0000 0 P...

chris.lau by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi guys, is there any algorithm I can use to calculate bandwidth loss men using GRE over IPSEC or IPSEC over GRE?   I made some iPerf tests and came up with about 50% loss on uplink and 10/20% on the downlink... feels weird. Note, the test was made f...

Jitex by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello guys, We have configured QOS on 3850 to drop the traffic(port445) if it exceeded to 30 mbps. Below is the config. ### To match the trafficip access-list extended ACL_30Mbpspermit tcp ip any any 445!### Class the trafficclass-map Link_30Mbpsmatc...

We are using Intervlan routing and no routing protocols. All departments sit on their own VLAN. Our core router is a WS-C4500x-32 that handles all routing for our environment. I am having huge trouble successfully constructing an VACL to allow hosts ...

Thanks in advance for your help. I'm an amateur. I've attached a picture of my current network. Don't mind the poorly made diagram. I don't know what I'm doing.  My issue is that Server 1 can access the internet and Server 2 and other hosts (not pict...

network.jpg

Tenemos en una obra la necesidad de comunicar varios switches IE 3000 8TC, para los cuáles tenemos comprados SFPs del código GLC-FE-100LX-RGD, con un switch Catalyst WS-C3850, para el cual tenemos SFPs del código GLC-LH-SM. La fibra del canal es mono...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card