Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi All,I had an issue where the multicast streams being published took over 4mins to recover when an HSRP failover occured.Now I know PIM is independent of HSRP and that the multicast streams were being forwarded by the standby router, so the dropof ...

g.peart by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,i'm kinda neebie in cisco devices, thats why im wasking help.This is what i have to do for one of my customers.My problem is i dont know what router to choose. There're 3 subnets ->192.168.1.X (called A)192.168.192.X (called B)10.101.10.X (called ...

Fabby3547 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, never done this before...I need to order a UPS for a 48 port, 3750X PoE switch. The switch has 2, 750Watt power supplies.Of course, one of the power supplies is redundant so, I only need enough to power to keep the switch and all of it's phones r...

I'm not able to configure two ports on a C2950 as trunk ports, in order to connect to another similar switch. I did what's recommended: enconf tint range fa0/23 - 24switchport mode trunkendKeeping the default encapsulation (802.1q) The ports still sh...

jsciscovpn by Level 1
  • 24 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We recently purchased a couple WS-C3850-48F-S devices and I just noticed a difference in the output for the sh ver command when compared to the 2960/3560 devices deployed.Switch Ports Model              SW Version            SW Image                 ...

rtmiles24 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I am configuring a new acces for telnet,first,Switch asks me username and password,after he askes me again "enable password",But I want it enters directly without asking me "enable password" besown my config::Building configuration...Current co...

When we configure ether channels on switches the ports are shown up at layer 1 and layer 2. So how does it prevents formation of loop in ports at physical layer in case if the packet comes back. The  spanning tree thinks it as a single bridge port.

Resolved! SVI utilization

We have some 6509's in a datacenter for a large customer .  We use a tool called Vitalnet to get statistics on ports etc.  What we are are seeing is the tool says it is seeing above 100% utilization on SVI interfaces.  These interfaces have 1 gi...

glen.grant by VIP Alumni
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello guys, I have 3 x layer 3 switches which named A, B and C. The switch A is connected to B and C (B and C don't connect each other).I made a mistake on switch B, under its ospf network statement  I had  'network 10.10.10.2/32 area 0' instead of '...

HiThe average CPU utilization is 60% and at times hits 95% on Cisco 7206VXR (NPE-G1) with System image file is "disk2:c7200-adventerprisek9-mz.124-24.T5.bin":When i checked the router SNMP ENGINE is causing the high utilization (60%).When i stopped t...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card