Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello there,I have attached my lab. I created vlan 10 and 20 using a core switch and assigned the end workstation to their vlan ports. I am putting a border router and I want the laptops in vlan 10 and 20 to access the IP address 192.168.1.2.The idea...

So I am a bit new to switchport security.  I have it working on most of the ports at a location.  Its ports where either I have switchport voice and switchport access vlans or just switchport voice vlans.  For some reason, those type of ports will go...

David Lee by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

The basics are is that I am not getting the speed I thought I would get out of a  (qty 4) 1Gb LAG group. I have 2 3750X switches stacked.  Across the switches, I have 2 ports from each switch in a 4 member LAG attached to one server.  The Server has ...

David Lee by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I am not clear about logging to remote syslog as it is not working with my setup. Please check the snaphot below and configuration I define: Initial Configuration:- IOU-4 was configure with VLAN-1, VLAN10 and VLAN-11 interface and IP address w...

Hi,Since MAC Address-Based Traffic Blocking  does not work with  Multicast address(ipv6mcast) , is there a way to achieve the same in another way.If it 's not possible  i can do a layer 3 acl  (i am already running a acl based on ipv4 address)  if i ...

Is it normal for a Cisco 4506, SUP7 series switch to register huge software packet drops at small intervals.While this data was captured no configuration changes were made on the device.Two different results as shown below were taken at an interval o...

amresh008 by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, can anyone advise on the ME3400E switches handling of incoming packets that are DSCP marked, using CBWFQ, as to if by default the marking is trusted or if  reclassification and re-marking is needed. I have read several blogs that suggest both met...

COLIN by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm trying to test the connection to the cloud on GNS using IOU VM. I set the Loopback adapter on W8, with the .137.1 address. GNS 3 recognizes the lo Int on the cloud, I'm able to plug my router to the cloud with the lo interface. I set the ip addre...

puropuro1 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a time clock on the network that keeps triggering up and down alerts in solarwinds.  When you do a sh arp on the switch, the device is showing "Incomplete".  Other devices on the same 3560 switch, and on the same vlan, are operating normally. ...

Im having trouble capturing RTP VoiP Media with the embedded packet capture feature on an ME3600X.  Anyone have similar experience with this?  I did an inline capture by creating a SPAN port and the traffic was there.  When I utilize the embedded pac...

HiI have 2 sites connected via a Layer 2 circuit. Both sites have a core L3 switch and their own Internet connection. I need to have a virtual server VLAN, that spans across both sites.So instead of using a GW at one site, can i define a GW at both s...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card