Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

i want to install a PoE powered wi-fi Accesspoint.on http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/switches/slm2008-8-port-gigabit-smart-switch-pd-ac-power/index.html i read about my SLM2008T-EU switch: "PoE functionality (802.3af) on one port".i have no "P...

SetupI have a 3750G-24TS-S switch (1.5u version) and want to use the G1/0/28, I have installed a GLC-SX-MM and the switch sees it correctly. At the other end is a slightly more modern 3750 (1u version) which also has a GLC-SX-MM installed in G1/0/28....

I have been handed a fun job at work of breaking up a flat network into 4 vlans.  This is my first "beginning to end" network project and I have a pretty good idea of what needs to happen, but its been my experience that what I have learned from book...

c.ray.web by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi there,I have a 6506E, running 12.2(33)SXI2, with the following hardware configuration:Mod Ports Card Type                              Model             --- ----- -------------------------------------- ------------------ -----------  1    6  Firew...

neovestit by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiJust have a few basic questions that I am unsure of, although I can get connectivity to work, I am just trying to understand how it works.So I have labbed a "router1 > switch > router2 setup. So questions I have are:1) When router 1 sends to router...

I need to upgrade the IOS on my stacked switches and am unsure of the order in which to do it. I have two C3750X switches (my core switches) which are stacked, and then two C2960S that are also stacked. All are currently running version 12.2(55). The...

gauthierv by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,   I am reading the configuration of interVLAN routing on 3750 from cisco @ http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/lan-switching/inter-vlan-routing/41260-189.html   There are 3 VLAN created on the L3 switch namely VLAN10 - 10.1.10.0/24 netw...

SJ K by Level 5
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiI am implementing EIGRP which in itself is a simple to configure protocol. I just have a query about redistribution and best practice. I have attached a diagram please take a look. I have site 1 and site 2. Each site has a core switch, a firewall, ...

HiI have 2 sites that are approx a mile apart. Both sites are connected using single mode fiber. There is an ISP managed router at each site providing active/standby failover using HSRP. Please see attached diagram. I am installing an external switch...

I'm trying to setup WOL between two different subnets in an environment using cisco switches. I'm following along with some cisco instructions on the matter.However, one thing that I'm unclear with, in this example, and others I've found on the web, ...

Hi,Need advise. I have 2 - 6509E switches with 2 SUP modules per switches acting as active and standby. Each SUP has 2 - 10G ports, one is free on both SUP's, so total free 4-10G ports overall. Both are connected back to back and acting as core switc...