Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi guys. We have a large network based on Catalyst 2900, 3600, 6500 series switches. they all are was set up as L2 and only 1 core switch  Nexus 7k on the top as L3 for all vlans . The problem is when we deploy DAI on those L2  switches end users hav...

I've seen some mention of multiple fabricpath topologies, but am unable to find much in the way of example configuration.  Is this a supported feature at this time?  I've got Nexus 7004s at one site and 7010s at another both running 6.1(3).  We've go...

My question is, if we have QOS diabled globally on a 6509 will a switchport trust the tags applied by the device connected to the port? I know the default once QOS is enabled is untrust.Thanks,

cfortune2 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Cisco engineers, I'm looking to add a 3750-x into a productions stack with the following members - Switch Ports Model              SW Version            SW Image                 ------ ----- -----              ----------            ----------        ...

Hi everyone, Here is setup -----172.24.104.x----Server-----FW------SW1--------EIGRP nei   SW2-------EIGRP nei-------SW3------user  PCUser connected to SW3 needs to access server   172.24.104.x SW1 knows route to destination 172.24.104.x via FWSW1#sh...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 18 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Looking at the attached diagram, would it make sense to have the Load-Balancing Algorithm on the Core to "Destination MAC" and then on the Access Layer Switch Side to "Source Mac" address? Keeping in Mind there would be multiple Servers and also 100s...

GRANT3779 by Spotlight
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all,we recently installed cisco PI 1.3 and on the "Top N Memory Utilization" dashboard I am seeing that many of our 2960s switches have high memory I/O.Most of them are runningc2960s-universalk9-mz.122-55.SE3c2960s-universalk9-mz.122-58.SE2.bin...

Any thoughts on the following topic??  In our organization we've started to migrate from stacked switches to a Catalyst 4510R+E with 2 SUP 8E's for our LAN.  When we started migrating our old lines to the new switch's ports, our IP phones / printers ...

We installed a 4510 a couple months ago and this past weekend there was a reported power surge on the floor.  Since then I have specialized printers and thin clients that will stop responding to pings after periods of inactivity. If I disconnect the ...

mlinval by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi ,We are going to use Cisco WS-C3750X-24S-S as L3 switch in the network which will have all fiber uplink  ,this is Switch is GE SFP switch and i will have 12 fiber uplink .and 4 Ethernet connectionsplease help in ordering the hardware. Also if i am...

uma.kashi by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! VRF on 3750

HiI have a single 3750 in a lab with one VRFvrfdrawing1.pngI am trying to route traffic from the global space to a host in the VRF but I cannot get it to work. The relevent config is as follows, I cannot figure why this will not work. Any suggestions...