Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I'm new to the Nexus line and I was just wondering do I need to be cautious about connecting the mgmt 0 interface to a production network?  As far as spanning-tree or changing the priority of the root bridge?  I know bringing on a new switch you alwa...

Evan Ray by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Everyone,Happy New Year!I am checking if routing is there from source to Destination IP 172.23.7.110?During tracing i reach one device along the path and didsh ip route vrf RC   172.23.7.110Routing entry for 172.23.0.0/16  Known via "eigrp 52", d...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a customer who has a pair of WS-C3750-48PS-S v05 stacked and would like to add additional switches to the stack. That model is end of life and we are quoting WS-C3750V2-48PS-S for the customer. Can the V2 be added to an existing 3750 (original...

davemazza by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a customer who has a pair of WS-C3750-48PS-S v05 stacked and would like to add additional switches to the stack. That model is end of life and we are quoting WS-C3750V2-48PS-S for the customer. Can the V2 be added to an existing 3750 (original...

davemazza by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear All,  We have two sg300-52 managed switch connected via gi 52 with trunk ports. One of these (switchA) connected (via gi51) with an other cisco sf300-24p (switchVOIP) managed switch, which preconfigured and I don't know the configuration. This s...

Hello Everyone, We are having issues with our Virtual server environment where servers come up with duplicate IP address for address 0.0.0.0 and server will stay offline until disable and re-enable nic.My research has led me to ip device tracking in ...

While reviewing the configuration of a network that I'm supporting, it seems that the original design of the network has the black hole VLAN as the native VLAN.  At the least this seems incorrect, and possibly very dangerous, but I'm not exactly sure...

Is Cisco moving away from the 12.2 SX  trains and on to  15.X trains only ?  Currently they have the 12.2 SXJ train , will there be any other 12.2 codes after this? Will they move to like SXK after this or should we move to the 15.X trains even tho...

glen.grant by VIP Alumni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We just finished wiring a building and turning up new switches on our campus. I have been running into issues where the wire run has caused an interesting issue. This building is set up with two stacks of two 2960s switches (one stack with two ws-296...

Hi friends,We have a L3 4506 Switch on when we have created a L3 interface which has a dedicated 20mbps link, prior the link was free but now its completely used.Now we want to know which ip's are using it, who are the top talkers n for that one opti...

sai.vaste by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I currently have etherchannel configured to 2x 10g ports.Cat_6509#sh run int ten8/1Building configuration...Current configuration : 156 bytes!interface TenGigabitEthernet8/1 switchport switchport mode trunk channel-group 42 mode desirableendCat_6509#...

steven.t27 by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes