Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,I want to migrate from 2960 to 9200 with IOS 17.06.05In the previous configuration, I had thisenable secret 5 XXXXXXXX....enable password 7 XXXXXX.......So i do this :#enable secret 9 $9$..If I understand correctly, I no longer need to put enab...

abtt-39 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 1 Helpful votes

Hi, a question regarding the two STP variants MST and rapid-pvst+. In a network running rapid-pvst+, if we reach the limitation with rapid-pvst+ instances (128 per switch), can we just use MST concurrently with the new set of vlans? Or migration from...

Resolved! snmp traps

hi all,i have configured 4 snmp hosts in the catalyst switch as my NAC appliances for traps forwarding.i need to know how the cisco switch forwards the snmp-traps to several hosts ? is it the first host configured will serve all the request and forwa...

Hello thereI'm using 93180-FX3 chassis cisco switches and my NXOS is 9.3(9)I have connected SNMP of switch to my zabbix server. but there is a bug in SNMP data that is being sent. many spikes happen with the number of rx byte of every port. for examp...

Can anyone enlighten me on how hosts deal with excessive broadcast traffic? Do they all deal with them differently? From desktop PCs, laptops, servers, IoT devices etc. My understanding is that hosts will be interrupted to process these requests, so ...

xylofi by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

When I run the below code getting the read timeout error, need expert adviceThings you might try to fix this:Adjust the regex pattern to better identify the terminating string. Note, inmany situations the pattern is automatically based on the network...

ajunair by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 1 Helpful votes

Hello,I'm in a class for Cybersecurity and in our week 7 project I'm having issues setting up DHCP. I reached out to the instructor and received some feedback:"You are having issues due to the server not being configured with appropriate IP settings,...

Hello ,when i plug in the GLC-LH-SMD (Cisco)  in the ISR4321 version 16.06.04 i have an error Message and port disabled" *Apr 11 07:38:28.675: %TRANSCEIVER-3-INIT_FAILURE: R0/0: iomd: Detected for transceiver module in Gigabitethernet0/0/0, module di...

frites by Level 1
  • 18 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Two switch models, 9200l and 1000 series switches.9200l buffer size:6 MB buffers for 24- or 48- port Gigabit Ethernet models, 12 MB buffers for 24 or 48 port multigigabit models.1000 switch buffer size:The egress buffer is 1.5 MB on all Cisco Cata...

Moudar by VIP
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes