Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi People,I have purchased a new WiSM 2 and my catalyst 6509-E is failing to detect it. Here are the details of the switch:1. supervisor engine: vs-s720-10g-3cxl2. ios image: s72033-advipservicesk9_wan-mz.122-33.SXI10.bin3. Mod Ports Card Type       ...

are there some best practices for intervlan routing ?I've been reading allot and I have seen these scenariosrouter on a stickintervlan at core layerintervlan at distribution layer.or is intervlan needed at all if the switches will do the routing?I've...

mobious99 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, We are using cisco core switch RPVST mode.we normally enabled Root-guard on CoreSwitch trunk port connected to access switchFrom Access switch port connected with Core switch, we enable loop-guard Query is " do we need to enable loop-guard in bet...

I’m having an odd issue with a cisco 6513 not booting up   enhanced flexwan card with clear channel/multi channel PAs.I’m not sure if this is happening with other types of   cards but it happens with the enhanced flexwans that I have. For example   r...

Is there a best practice for enabling or disabling icmp redirects?  Looks like I have redirects enabled and that caused a problem for a host server the other night.  A line went down, the 6500 sent a redirect that was not really a valid route and whe...

We have a Catalyst 3560G w/ IPBASE-M IOS on it that we use for iSCSI traffic to the servers.  Currently I see I/O at 72%, processor at 26% with about 25 or so iSCSI volumes.  I would like to add more volumes, at least 10 to 15 more with various loads...

Evan Ray by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,on the inside interface I have the Office VLAN and the Servers (AD, File Server) VLAN, now it seems that the ASA is allowing all traffic to go through between both VLANS since they both reside within the Inside Interface and both sub interfaces ha...