Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I've inherited a configuration, and I'm trying to understand it. Almost all of our L3 switches have a command:ip multicast route-limit 500But I'm not sure how the switch (3750) is interpreting this.Running a:sho ip mroute countresults with the follow...

Recently ordered Cisco labeled MEM-NPE-G1-FLD256 for our 7206VXR. Front of the card says 16-2775-03. Everything I've found online shows the cards with 16-2768-01. Wondering if the vendor sent the wrong card? I put the card in to format it and it wont...

We are looking to replace both our Catalyst 6513 with two new Catalyst 4510RE.  I was looking for some documentation, on the best process to migrate, with minimal down time, but can't get my hands on anything.  Can somebody suggest any good documents...

I am trying to get some clarification on the WS-C2960X-48LPS-L, is it able to supply power to 48 phones? If Cisco's IPM is required for this to work, can this be done using LLDP instead of CDP?Look at table 6 Intelligent Power over Ethernet Plus at h...

I tried on two different computers (Windows 7 x64 and Windows 7 x86).I can't get the USB console to work on my 3750X.I checked device manager and it shows the port install OK, no problems.When I try to connect to it using Putty, it acts like it's not...

DJX995 by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I need to create  a IP PIM RP for a  specific multicast group to run on my local network. I want my edge router(a c3750 Layer3 switch actually)  to be the RP for this group to serve a  small group of downstream c3750 Layer 3 switches.Multicast is alr...

The feature list for IOS 12.x and 15.x for the Catalyst 4500 series specifically says it does not support reflexive ACL's or CBAC (unlike the bigger 6500 series).  However, release notes for IOS XE 3.5.0E or better make no mention of it at all.Can an...

HI there, have 2 4500x in vss mode. both are running 3.4.2 ipbase and are running on the correct licences etc. after putting them in VSS mode the following error shows in the logs. %SW_LEVEL-6-RESULT: Operational redundancy mode is UNKNOWN, due to so...

Good afternoon all. I am looking into traffic policing and shaping and neither seem to do what I need to do. Basically on a trunked switch port, I would like to prioritise traffic coming into a port by it's VLAN tag, the trunk connects to an ESX host...

Chigo by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes