Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have Quad Sup2Ts in my 6513E chassis.  I still have ACE 20 modules installed.  I had to downgrade my code to  Version 15.0(1)SY5 in order to support my ACE modules.  This in turn made my chassis redundant supervisors unusable.  Will the ACE 20 modu...

The situation:Router A (ip 192.168.16.1) is the default gateway for the entire companyAnybody in the company is able to go on the internet and ping 8.8.8.8 (google DNS) from there PCI myself from my laptop have IP 192.168.16.170 and i can ping 8.8.8....

Hi all,I am currently studying for my CCNA and have acquired some cisco equipment to help me with this. One of the devices I have is a Cat 2980G 80 port but for some reason I am unable to connect to it via the console port.  All my other switches and...

Resolved! Nexus access

Hi,I was wondering, is it best practice to connect a Catalyst access switch to a Nexus 2248 Fabric extention?In this design the 3750X switches are connected to catalyst access switches for PCs. The Nexus switches would be connected to serversI may ru...

6509 VSS with Sup2T PFC4 running in default mode 'src-dst-ip enhanced' for etherchannel load balancing. My understanding is that this includes the VLAN when doing it's calculations.We believe this might be causing problems for our 5508 wireless contr...

philphilc by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am working with a Cisco Nexus 3048 using 6.0.1 NX OS, I am unable to get a DHCP Server to issue an address to a DHCP Client via a VLAN they are both part of. Setting up the DHCP access is new to me. Does anyone have the steps needed to allow DHCP o...

I am not sure if I am using the right terminology but I am attempting to build a HSRP pair of 2911s.  The inside interfaces with be Gi0/1-2 and will be Port Channeled to a 3750x.  I have setup HSRP on both routers and it's behaving as expected.The Ou...

Hi everyone,I noticed that while upgrade (152-2.S2) there is no infirmation about update process on console.#archive download-sw /over tftp://172.31.253.51/upgrade-sw/me360x-universalk9-tar.152-4.S1.tarLoading upgrade-sw/me360x-universalk9-tar.152-4....

kzryumov1 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Switch type C2948G

I have bought an Catalyst 2948G, because i wanted to see what Private vlan and Comunity vlan's do, and work.so i looked the vlan specs up on this cisco sitehttp://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-6500-series-switches/10584-63.html...

Hi I am trying to configure interface tracking with any fhrp  eg hsrp  thing is if you have a router connected to a device like a dsl modem line protocol will still show up on the router eventhough you cant get out to the internet, what can i do to d...