Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,We are running into a problem with dhcp. Diagram is attached here. portion on the left side belongs to Network A & right side is network B. These two networks are seperated by Firewall B.Firewall B has minimal rules & permits traffic between the t...

suthomas1 by Level 6
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I have few basic questions with RSTP..  1) What are the max age and Forward timers used in RSTP..?   2) Are they used in pure RSTP domain or only in the case of Shared links and interop with traditional STP?3) Does the port forward user data duri...

Hi all,I need some help with renumbering of the stacks in the 2960S switches.Description:The switches are now physically racked, from top-down, switch1, switch2, switch3, switch4. At least, this was what I thought. The switches' installation and stac...

cHa0sAngeL by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiI have a PoE device (IP Camera) works on IEEE802.3af. Just need to confirm , if we connect PoE Device to Cisco 3805 PoE+ Switch (IEEE802.at).Then Would the PoE device work with Cisco 3805 PoE+ i.e Can Switch able to send the Data and Power to PoE d...

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad AppWe have a new install of OM3 fiber between buildings. Distance is around 600 FT. One one end is a 4510RE running cat4500e-UniversalK9-M, ver 03.02.00.SG (fc4). Connecting to line card WS-X4306-GB with a WS-54...

psiegling by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, I want to perform bi directional chap authentication but couldnt do it, pls tell me where i am wrongR1#username r1chap password 0 r1chapint se 1/0 ip add 10.1.12.1 255.255.255.0 encap ppp ppp authentication chap ppp chap hostname r2chap ppp ...

Jonn cos by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiI have a cisco SG200-08P switch. I would like to power a device (TP Link TL-WA901ND) that supports passive PoE.However it seems that the SG200 series do not support this?Am I correct in this assumption, and if so is there a workaround?Thanks for lo...

wookie_73 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,We have this network , where a particular vlan(eg. vlan 10-wireless) is being configured for dhcp ip allocation & this is done by a third party authentication box(similar to ACS).This vlan10 is only applicable to wireless users.Now in the same net...

suthomas1 by Level 6
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hello , we have attached config with two sites primary and secondary data centre 1 as primary data centre 2 as secondary . We were expecting for internet access it should have used primary site but whats happening is internet is going from both datac...