cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Labels

Forum Posts

Stretched Vlan vs VPLS

Hi Experts,In a virtualized campus network, what would the main advantage be if we implemended VPLS instead of stretching Vlans across several distribution switches?Are the entire VPLS considered as à broadcast domain? Are there some smart functions ...

Can`t connect print-server to lan

We have:Print server: TROY PocketPro 100s(Ethernet)Cisco cat 2960Cisco 2911Config Cisco 2911mac address of print server logged in dhcp pooli can connect print server with home assus router.he is get dhcp options correctly.!! Last configuration change...

Resolved! Multicast routing-realy basic

I  start configuring Cisco 2821 router for multicast . First short  description and attached sheme explanation. Let we say  I have small  network with 100 users. One router and Cisco switch 3560. Two VLAN’s,  one for data another for multicast. Data ...

Resolved! Access list help!

Hi all,this might sound like a very basic question, but was wondering if anyone could help with some access lists..Router configuration:fa0/0 211.25.221.15 /29fa0/1 192.168.2.1 /24Basically I need all traffic pointing to 211.25.221.15 port 7771 to be...

allitnils by Beginner
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Spanning-tree Best practices with vPC

Hello,I am looking for best practices for spanning-tree features in an entire vPC network, read a cisco doc where it says to do not use bridge assurance in a vPC environment. Is there any other spanning-tree feature that we need to look further befor...

j.eduardog by Beginner
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Routed Ports Questions

Hello,I have a 4507R with SUP IV, i am trying to configure routed port to a SIP server, the company gave us the address 172.x.x.25 for our end with 172.x.x.26 for the gateway and 255.255.255.252 netmask. The Sip server on the other company side addre...

Adding a VLan

Hi All,I need to add a new vlan to my 1841 and as of now the two vlans I have are essentially tied to the two interfaces on the device.  Is there a way I can add another vlan with out having it tied to an interface as there are no more?  Below is the...

rkovelman by Beginner
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

New core switch

Hello,I am lookin for opinions on a new core switch.  We currently have multiple 3560G's that we are using with our ESX hosts and our dark fiber interconnects between our buildings.  These switches are being over worked, and are showing a lot of outp...

auto qos voip trust behaviour.

Hi,Given the following configuration in a uplink portinterface GigabitEthernet0/2switchport trunk encapsulation dot1qswitchport mode trunksrr-queue bandwidth share 10 10 60 20srr-queue bandwidth shape  10  0  0  0queue-set 2mls qos trust cosauto qos ...

Cisco 2960S EOL

Hi,Does anyone know if there is an EOL for Cisco 2960S, or have these replaced the Cisco 2950? I have tried to find an EOL for the 2960, but l cannot find one.Thanks,James            

JAMES WEST by Beginner
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

IP PIM dense mode, Assert message on serial int.

Hi everybody.Please consider the following example.All routers are running IPpim dense mode. Sever is generating multicast traffic 224.7.7.7 continuously ( I use ping 224.7.7.7  repeat 100 millions)No state refresh message is enabled.Please focus on ...

sarahr202 by Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Cisco 3560 - policy based routing (SDM template)

Hi:I have a 3560 that is currently in production use. Unfortunately I work for a small company and we don't have a test network to test out changes outside of the production environment (obviously not ideal, not even close, but it is what I have to w...