Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi I work for a small ISP and ran into loop problem few weeks ago and like to see how different other engineers would tackle the problem that I faced .I am a firewall engineer and does not have much knowledge on switching and routing.Servers in clien...

zagato_79 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear all,  Is there a specific design guide when using ASA clustering with Nexus vPC? Basically I have two ASA which will be deployed in a clustering manner. The two ASA will then connect to two Nexus 5K in vPC mode. The security team wants to connec...

xshant by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Stacked Cisco 3750

I am trying to enable SSH, however the commands for Crypto are not available.Is this because the switches are stacked?  Do I have to unstacked before I can generate an RSA key and enable SSH?Any help would be appreaciated.Thank you.

zyang by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have this case study in school wherein we are required to build a network for a school. We decided that we are going to use the three layer hierarchical model. I need your insights about choosing between a layer 2 and layer 3 configurations/switch...

Hello!I have a problem with installing new linecard (ws-x6748-sfp) into catalyst 6506-e, Sup720-10G-3C.I inserting card in slot (i try different slots), and nothing happend, Status led on card stay in off state. In console appeared following sentence...

Hi. i have two SUP 720 in cisco 6500 switch running in IOS mode.  ( Recently upgraded from CAT to OS )show redundancy is showing different Image set in Image Version ( 12.2 - 18 Active ) and ( 12.2- 33 Standby )My question is, do i need t...

Hi All,I need your help to clarify and verify as below scenario questions:1.I couldn't ping one the unix based server,but i can able to ping after server ping my laptop IP address.2.Same laptop able ping all the while another unix based server with s...

HI ,I have a problem with port security. Although i had disabled port security it is still blocking my ports with more than 1 mac adress. When i enable and configure port security to allow 3 mac adresses and violation behaviour to restrict it still d...

Hi,I get this message on my Cisco 6500 VSS.I cannot find what this message is about.This message come every 10-15 minuttes in my log.%EARL_L2_ASIC-SW2_SPSTBY-4-DBUS_HDR_ERR: EARL L2 ASIC #0: Dbus Hdr. Error occurred. Ctrl1 0xB08D0E3DThis is my hardwa...

Hi all,Anybody has seen message like this before?   Can you explani what does it mean     Aug 24 18:15:56 core.schmid.local 753: Aug 24 18:15:55: %FIB-2-FIBDISABLE: Fatal error, slot 41/0 (41): XDR disabledI got it from VSS , running on IOS:s2t54-ipb...