Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I unplug the power, hold the mode button for over 30 seconds while powering on but the system still won't go into rommon mode.  Any ideas how to get into rommon?  Also tried some break key sequences at bootup that had no effect. System just keeps res...

Our 3560G-24 switch suddenly lost POE ports (with IP phones connected to them) at the same time. In the log there is this error:%ILPOWER-3-CONTROLLER_PORT_ERR: Controller port error, Interface Gi0/x: Power given, but Power Controller does not report ...

titozep99 by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have two Cisco devices setup to talk to each other on trunk ports. The devices are a Cisco 3560 and a Cosco 2950. I setup fastethernet 0/1 port on both to be the trunk port between the two. First I set them up both to be dynamic desireable, a...

I'm trying to bring up a redundant core server for our enclave with spare parts.  Getting error on the a newer 10GE module "power not allowed unknown card type".  According to documentation the WS-SUP720 should work.http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutio...

I have been studying some material for the CCENT, and I came across some conceptual ideas that I cannot seem to resolve.Switches work at layer 2, right?  That means that they are concerned with MAC addresses and build tables to resolve incoming frame...

Resolved! ASA 5505 POE

I have an ASA 5505, I enable ports 6 and 7. Configured auto for speed and duplex. I cannot get the ports on.The device is AXIS T8129 PoE extender and the compliant standards are the following:IEEE 802.3af, IEEE 802.3atThe extebder should be compliant...

Hello everyone,I have a network coming up for a switch refresh.  Management is pushing for 2960s and I would like 3850s.  We are running Cisco Voice and Video over the network.  I saw a few things that seemed to be in favor of a Layer 3 switch vs. a ...

I do own a EA6500 and while it is in bridge/access point mode all the devices connected to it do have problems connecting to "m.youtube.com"While in the "router mode" they connect to the site normally.Is that a know issue? Has anyone experienced that...

Hi all,I am trying to set up a 2960 that is on vlan 20, as all machines get an IP for that vlan but also allow all other vlans to connect to it.  Below is the configuration I have for the uplink and all computers plugged into the interfaces.  As of r...

rkovelman by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes