Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi all-I'm doing the In-Service Software Upgrade procedure.  I have a question that I can't seem to find in the documentation.My current switches have a manually configured bootvar setting (boot system flash bootflash:XYZ).  Meaning we chose to point...

i have a Cisco 4900 and following is the configmy problem is ..from the 4900 i can ping 10.11.20.1 which is the interface of my firewall, but i cant ping my management server that is across a VPN that terminates on the 10.11.20.1 fw i have verified t...

Our enviornment includes 3560 switches and 2800 routers. We have a few remote offices using an application on TCP port 1677 that use far to much bandwidth. Our WAN provider can throttle and police this for us, if I can TAG this traffic, for example...

Hi all, nice to meet everyone.This is my first time posting a question so I hope you'll all bear with me!I've turned up a new layer 2 WAN link between two data centres and i'm having some trouble trying to logically figure out how things should be co...

A quick confirmation on the 24 SFP ports , can we configure them at 10/100/1000 speed even if i put a fiber SFP?Thanks for your confirmation it will be useful for me to confirm if i keep that old HP Procurve shit during transition ....Thanks in advan...

berkous1 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiI'm using "WS-C4948(12.2(54)SG)+PWR-C49-300AC/2".The following message are logged in the system log, but it was to check the status with the show command and status LED, but there was no abnormality.I thought the power supply has failed, but I seem...

Hello gurus.I have a spanning-tree doubt that sure you can answer me easily.Imagine you have a network with some loops so spanning tree is blocking redundant ports.If you have bad placed the root switch (imagine that you have it in the last switch in...

Hi,i have a question about computing MD5 hash in RIPv2 authenticated packet. I am implementing RIPv2 software router and I need to find combination of input data to compute MD5 hash wich has to be checked when packet is recieved or appended when pack...

i have some ME-3600x. some of version 12.2 and one of version 15.5. te last one hast same config as all other. but if i check for rstp it sends #sh spanning-treeNo spanning tree instance exists.i know abount global config commands:spanning-tre...

Dear Community MembersCurrently we have 5 sets of VSS running on 5 different locations and because of a failure of one of the sup module, we have decided to split the VSS and run normal spanning tree and HSRP/VRRP (for VRFs) to avoid what we perceive...

i am trying to find err-disabled port on our WS-C3560G-48PS switches. I want to use the CISCO-STACK-MIB for this, object id 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.5.1.4.1.1.23. However the snmp-walk stops after portSpantreeFastStart(12).So i am never getting to 23.When i deb...

guilty_2 by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have several license questions which are not covered in previous discussions or in the Cisco documentation.1.  On an ASR there is no license stored file in flash (performing a "dir" yields no file with the extension lic).  The show license yields n...

tmach by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes