Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

HelloI have 2 servers, one active, the other standby, both will be using the same IP. If the active fails then a re-patch for the standby to make this the active.I undersatnd that i will need to clear the arp & maybe mac address table on the 6500 for...

Good day, folks.In Petr Lapukhov document "understanding-stp-and-rstp-convergence" in section where considered convergense process  in case of root bridge failure (see pic.1 and notice that bridge X and bridge Y have best priorities in corresponded s...

Problem with Cisco 2801I can connect to the Cisco 2801 with console cable and this is the log file ERROR: could not add peer mbox - no peer found with tag = 20024ERROR: could not set preference ERROR: could not set peer info ERROR: could not set pee...

I am planning to migrate the core switch from cisco 3750 to Cisco catalysts 6513 switch. What could be the best approach to minimize the downtime or avoid disrupting the production. I have couple of thoughts, one method is to build the core and then ...

VAbr AVib by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,Im trying to stack 3750G & 3750X. As discussed in previous threads I am aware of that the version need to match.Here the switch details:Switch Ports Model              SW Version               SW Image------ ----- -----              ----------...

Can someone explain to me if this cable is good or bad?Interface Speed Local pair Pair length        Remote pair Pair status--------- ----- ---------- ------------------ ----------- --------------------Gi1/0/41  100M  Pair A     60   +/- 0  meters N/...

techbjs08 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Friends , I am planning to configure NAT for giving internet access to our local LAN users . while configuring NAT i am receiving the following errors . kindly give your valuable support to get out of this problem.i am pasteing the error for your ...

Resolved! IP binding

Hi all,I would like to know about setting up management access to network infrastructure devices.Using my home test network, I have my Cisco router and my switch on the same management subnet.For convenience, I want to block management access from al...

Hello,Could anyone please shed some light on this?Router(config)#ip access-list s 22Router(config-std-nacl)#permit host 10.0.0.1Router(config-std-nacl)#deny host 11.0.0.1Router(config-std-nacl)#permit host 12.0.0.1Router(config-std-nacl)#deny host 13...