Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,I configured port security on my 2960 switches with the following commands:switchport mode accessswitchport port-security maximum 2switchport port-securityswitchport port-security violation restrictswitchport port-security mac-address stickyswitch...

Hi all,I have some static policy-nat issue on a Cisco IOS router (2921). I attach first of all the drawing which include the configuration (only for Site A):So my issue is that when Server 1 is trying to telnet to 10.141.60.98 for example traffic is ...

lap by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello All,I have a vast lan network with segment like 192.168.1.0/24, 192.168.2.0/24, 192.168.3.0/24.For diff type of users, which they are then natted with a public segment. and each segment is sharped accordingly.For labtops cisco IBNS is used for ...

divine007 by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I have a question regarding the behavior of 802.1Q tunneling on Cisco 3560 when the customer switch is using an access port towards the ISP PE instead of a trunk port. Please see the diagram below:So when ther server with IP 10.10.10.10 is pin...

lap by Level 2
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I recently got put in charge of laying the switches out for a new fiber project. We need to connect several different buildings on the LAN. There will be a lot of traffic generated and I would like to put l3 switches at each building. However I want ...

I have 2 sites located approximately 30 kilometres apart.  I will call them site 1 and site 2.The sites are connected by a Layer 2 1GB fibre connection.I would like to add 2 X Cisco nexus 5548UP switches at site 1 and connect these 2 X Cisco nexus 55...

I have two Cat 3560 switches that are having hardware issues with the PortASIC CAM SubSystem failing POST. I am not the original owner of these switches, bought them secondhand. What are the odds that I could get them repaired/replaced by Cisco? How ...

O2BEACCIE by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I am planning on deploying a 2960 switch and will need to uplink it to a 4510 switch. There are 2 TenGig Ports available and I was thinking of uplinking  one of them to the 1Gb SFP port on the 2960. Would this work? Thanks in advance. Best, ~s...

Hello All,I have an issue with a Cisco 4900M switch with a WS-X4908-10G-RJ45 half card.  The link connection between a 10Gbase-T server nic and the switch does not establish, i believe it is an auto negotiation problem.  The link fluctuates constantl...

amohammed by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

My company is in the process of being audited (annual event) and my manager wanted me to lock down access to our switches from our workstation network for ports 80, 443, 22, 23. I created access-lists and applied the access-lists to our "traversing" ...

jpgleason by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Please i require assistance with an issue we experienced on our set of VSS switches this morning. My colleagues observed on coming to work this morning that the active switch had all the modules in the error disable state and the Switch was non opera...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card