Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,I have a L2 switch and L3 swithch trunked.  There are multiple VLANs on these switches but I want the L3 switch to be able to give DHCP offers to all these VLANs in the L2 switch and L3.  I have created the 5 DHCP scopes on the L3 switch, but t...

I have a couple of users who randomly can't get access to any resources.  The port they connect to doesn't have port security, the have an IP phone and PC.  IP phone is fine since it's always on the same port.  There PC get's an IP from DHCP (DHCP is...

Hello allI have Core of 2 x 7K and an aggregation layer of 2 x 5K.All are fully meshed with peer link between each 7K and peer link between each 5K.I have the 5k's having one vpc to both 7K's and vice versa. Everything is LACP.The issue I am having i...

Trying to get a simple copy/paste template to configure my switches and upgrade them.  However the copy tftp commands stop working when the switch asks to save and confirm the reload.  Any ideas what I can do to send the 'yes' and confirm?   Ignnore ...

Am attempting to load a new license on a 24 Port 3750X. Was LANBase code, need to get it to IPBase. Have the license file. Have put it on the flash drive. Running "license install flash:" i get the message "%Error reading flash: (is a directory)%Erro...

psiegling by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,         Currently my switch is properly configured for logging to a syslog server, and using ’logging trap informational‘‘ If I configure ‘’logging trap debugging’’...Do I create the same effect sending debug information to my syslog server as...

Dear All,I have a 2 cisco core (cisco WS-C6509-E (R7000) processor) and been working for quite sometime.they are conneted with HSRP with active standby config with a 10 g module for redundancyjust today I see that the cpu utilization went to about 50...

hi ,when i type sh run ,crypto pki trustpoint TP-self-signed-1195085824 enrollment selfsigned subject-name cn=IOS-Self-Signed-Certificate-1195085824 revocation-check none rsakeypair TP-self-signed-1195085824!!crypto pki certificate chain TP-self-sign...

Dr.X by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I see that my "lost carrier" counter is not at 0.  I've looked up the potential issues as to why this counter would go up (i.e. bad cable).  I'm curious to know what exactly this means on a technical detail level.  Also, what are the symtomps when th...

meenny123 by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Could you please let me know how many VLANs can be added on trunk port on cisco switches (Maximum VLANs that can be allowed on trunk ports of a cisco switches)??.Thanks & Regards,Ahmed Umair                  

Greetings,I currenly have a cisco AP1142N configured to work with our radius server (It was already configured when I took over the network). I order two additional access points for building coverage on multiple floors. Currently, I uploaded the con...