Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hey EveryoneJust wanted to ask you for some tips and tricks..We are going to upgrade our IOS on our WS-C2960G-48TC-L.. But before we do that i want to ask whats the best IOS release to choose.Why we want to upgrade is because our switch software now ...

Hello Everyone,I was looking at WS-C2960S-48FPS-L (740 Watts) and  WS-C2960S-48LPS-L (340 Watts) models today, I'm not sure that I understand it right,Does WS-C2960S-48FPS-L model support all 48 ports POE+ (30Watts)? Does that mean each port will get...

Hello,When I look at the output from 'show spanning-tree interface gi1/0/1 detail', I can see that the interface has 'BPDU filter enabled internally'.There are no BPDU filter commands enabled on the switch, either globally or at an interface level, s...

I have configured a static route in my router to point to a directly connected Juniper at 10.100.100.1. The full command is:ip route 172.21.18.0 255.255.255.192 10.100.100.1The interfaces on my router are as follows:Interface                  IP-Addr...

Hello Community,I have a problem that I simply can't understand - although I'm sure there is simple explanation.R3 can't ping itself on 172.28.38.11/16 and I can't understand why. I appreciate R2 has an interface on Eth 1/2 with ip address 172.28.38....

We have created a vpn  tunnel GRE from one site to another site    using routers and is working fine now we have created another tunnel from Pix to other site as well. we want extreme sites to communicate.          (site1 subnet) router--------Gre...

helllorecently we had a bit of issues in our network that has led me to take a look at the configuration we have for cluster links for servers.The current configuration is                    Building configuration...Current configuration : 242 bytes!...

TGF_Cisco by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I have a query regarding HSRP and their associated multicast messages.  I have two Cisco 4948E switches in a distribution layer connected via a 20Gbps link at Layer 2 and two Cisco ME routers provided by an ISP running HSRP connected at Layer ...

Is it possible to assign 2 ports to a vlan on this switch and have the 2 machines connected to those ports be able to see each other without having to go off of the switch? If so, how would it need to be setup on the switch?