Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I'm having some issues using a public /8 subnet from our ISP to access a Sharepoint site. The Sharepoint site is always accessible internally, but not always available externally (it goes up and down apparently randomly, and is accessible from some c...

Can I run an EEM script to shut down a switch port when it disconnects? or is there any other way to do that with any other script? I'm trying to save my network from pen testers. I have pretty much locked down everything but last time when they show...

nawas by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I need to add two additional 2960S switches to my stack. I saw a diagram that showed how a 4 switch stack can be connected, but I couldn't find much detail on adding a switch to an existing stack (besides master election). The output below shows how ...

Hi I am in desperate need of help. We are trying to connect a Cisco 3750X 10GB port to a  Cisco 3560 12 port (10GB) Fibre Switch. The cable we are using is a 3M type single mode fibre cable. Both ports are configured as trunk ports and the GBICS we a...

gfxrelay by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am seeking a way to monitor a port to know when more than 3 MAC addresses have been attached to the port.  Port security does not seem to offer a solution because the port is shut down.  I also looked into using an  ACL but that does not seem to ov...

A small client of mine recently informed me they are getting a new phone system. It is not a Cisco phone system but it will be using their two Catalyst 2960 switches. They have only a single cable run to each office (computer) so I have to use their ...

I am in the process of learing how to configure my first GRE tunnel and have a few questions. I know that I need to have a unique IP address for the tunnel on each end but am wondering if there are any standards or best practices for selecting this a...

bberry by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Problem 1) My 2800 Router stopped booting, all I see is a blank screen and no configuration boot. I tried turning off the router, taking out the flash butting it back in securing it, but it just doesn't want to boot, what is my problem ??????2) Tryin...

smavashev by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have one server (web application) with IP 10.1.1.2 . It's located in the internal network. But on the router "newROUTER" is deployed NAT 10.1.1.2 to one of our global address 83.15.52.165 (dns entry: app.example.com) , thus is accessible from...

Hi,i am running c3640-is-mz.124-21.bin on a cisco router 3640. i am trying to create a monitor session in the CLI and everytime i type the command   Router(config)#monitor session 1 interface ethernet2/1% Invalid input detected at '^' marker. Router(...

hasanbirol by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all.I am looking for a way to bind between a switch interface (cat 3750X) and a DHCP server reply.The switch can operate as the DHCP server .For example, a PC connected to interface Gi 1/0/1 will lways get IP address 10.0.0.1 because it is connect...

danny4569 by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Have not worked with this router before, so I am not familiar with it at all.  I have a client though who has requested some help on a routing issue.  They have two networks connected via this router and they cannot talk to one another.  From the des...