Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Is there anyway to pull the usernames and passwords from a switch via SNMP or write a new username and password to switch via SNMP.  I have switch that was apparently misconfigured and i am not feeling like driving all the way down there to console i...

This question really has two parts to it, and I realize RSTP and EIGRP are two completely different animals.PART 1:What can I expect the average convergance time to be on an RSTP network (issuing the command: spanning-tree mode rapid-pvst on my switc...

Hi,I have VLAN X with MTU 9216 on Switch-A. I also have VLAN Y with MTU 9216 on Switch-B. But not their SVIs are MTU 9216.They are not communicating to each other on packet size of above 1500. This is because SVI VLAN X and SVI VLAN Y connect to each...

S891 by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! PCoIP srr-queue

Hey, I have been having a hard timte understanding srr-queue. We have a PCoIP implementation and at a certain part in our network I have noticed a few thousand packet drops. This all appear sto be OutDiscards and I outbound packet drops. I would like...

It's probably me but could someone have a look at this link in Cisco's campus network design doc - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Campus/HA_campus_DG/hacampusdg.html#wp1108489scroll down to figure 41 where the distribution switc...

I am battling a unicast flooding issue on a pair of 6509 where one switch has a mac-address aging-time set to 14400 seconds while the other is set to the default of 480 seconds. In an attempt to reduce the amount of unicast flooding I want to change ...

Resolved! redundancy setup

Hi,I need some clarifications to design the network with below requirements .Current Situation============We are able to reach server IP -10.203.206.40  from our 4948 switch vlan 10.30.1.0/24 through the Layer 3 interface between 4506 and 4948.   Req...

Shibu1978 by Level 1
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I've been researching the 3750-x Netflow support but I'm not 100% sure of how much support it has. From what I've read the only way to get NetFlowsupport is to install a specific module that provides NetFlow. I also heard about how it might support s...

Resolved! mirror a port

Hello,At moment I have mirrored a single port and am pointing the data back to the netflow server:monitor session 2 source interface Gi1/0/28 (data I want to capture)monitor session 2 destination interface Gi1/0/17 (mirrored port)Is it possible thoug...

ohareka70 by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Is there a way to set the columns' width of the sh int sum output? It's too narrow for the 10GbE interfaces:switch#sh int sum | i ^\* Te|^\* Gi* TenGigabitEthernet    0     4    0     0 467347000  60834 164015000  23424  911* TenGigabitEthernet   ...

I haven't done a ton of routing (mostly switching and firewalls) so I'm looking for a little advice.  I've inherited an existing network and am looking at making some routing changes.  There are several branch office routers all connected in the same...