Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,I have a Customer where his Layer 2 encapsulated traffic is remark with a priority bit 5 even is send with mark of 0.He is using Me3400s and is using L2 protocol tunneling Test equip Sender   ----gi0/1  Me3400  gi 0/13 -----Me6500 --------(Tunn...

dbellamk by Cisco Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have just updated a VLAN interface on my router. I have two 6500's with GLBP configured. The particular interface had a primary and secondary IP address. I shutdown the interface on one router and deleted the secondary address then assigned the ori...

a17j13j05 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We are having an odd occurance happening to our 3750x stacks. For no apperent reason ports will become unusable. Doing a shut/no shut on the ports has no effect. The weird thing is that the indicator lights will stay solid green even if there is noth...

Can anyone tell me what the little green/red light is on the back upper left corner of the switch is?  It inside a little mesh and I belive it says vt_fail next to it.Had water get on our switch over the weekend(dont ask, punch kittens) and this guy ...

We have about 30 SRW224G4P switches throughout our network(each one located at remote site) and we have been having problems with these locking up.  Normal symptoms are; I can ping the switch but cannot get to the login promot via telnet, ssh, or web...

Hello,i have a question regarding monitoring a Trunk Port with the help of a local Span Session on a Catalyst 2960S Switch with Version 12.2(55)SE3.The scenario looks like the following sheme:SnifferPC(Wireshark) <-> Telephone(Siemens) <-> Switch(296...

Hey All,I'm trying wrap my head around bandwidth guarantee for nested maps. I tried adding a new class to two of my policy-maps today, and got this error: 3945E-1(config-pmap-c)#bandwidth 3000Insufficient bandwidth 3000 kbps for the bandwidth guarant...

rtjensen4 by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! QOS scenarios

Hi everybodyPlease consider the following case: PC1-----Acess link--f1/1--SW1-- Acess link---------F 0/1-R1-acess link-------Sw2-----trunk--------SW3-f1/4--------PC2All switches are multilayer switches ( 3560)Pc1 and PC2 are running Cisco Soft phones...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I'm trying to resolve an issue with phones on remote routers thet keep re-registering throughout the day. I changed the:policy-map shaperclass class-default    shape average 2000000  service-policy voice_and_videoTo:           policy-map shapercl...

Hi guys, two questions about IOS License  I have today 2 6509 switches with a IOS Advanced Services SSH.  I bought 2 news supervisors with a IOS IP Services SSH to replace the today supervisors.  I'm using IOS 12.2, not 15.x  Two questions about Li...

lomonaco by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

First, picture a pair of Cat6509's, attached to a pair of Cat3560's... connecting over a telco TLS circuit to a remote site.  At the remote site is another pair of 3560's, then a pair of ASA's, and one more pair of 3560's.I've been asked to put loopb...

mikearama by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes