Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,We would like to setup a link to our DR site that is separate from our main network traffic.  This link will be used by an EMC VNX SAN for replication traffic.  The SAN will be plugged into a fiber port on a 3750 switch and going out from the s...

12 years as a firewall guy... and this is a first for me.I have a request to allow firewall access to an app that apparently uses tcp port 0.  I thought it didn't exist... but good-ol' google proved that wrong.  I did find this comment:  " Port 0 is...

mikearama by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! TCN BPDU question

Hi All, I'm currently having an issue between two switches incorrectly communicating via MSTP. The switches are connected via two cables, one being the primary link and another a secondary link. As expected MSTP causes the non-root bridge to place th...

OK guys, i am not sure if this is something with my DHCP setup or not, but it certainly seems to be the culprit.  I am running a 3560G and using it as DHCP and to do VLAN routing (eigrp protocol).  I have 10 pools configured with a few static address...

Dears,Our company will go to buy a core switch 4503, please I need your support in the following:-what is the difference between the Catalyst 4500 E-Series Supervisor 7L-E and the Catalyst 4500 E-Series Supervisor 7-E??Thanks,

Hi all,I have a Catalyst 4507 with SUP7L-E running cat4500e-universalk9.SPA.03.03.00.SG.151-1.SG.bin.The network diagram is attached.I'm trying to transport PAgP over dot1q tunnel but PAgP packets are not carried from one site to the other on any dir...

s-durando by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi !as we know, you can specify that the display of the  network mask appear in hexadecimal format or bit count format instead.  The hexadecimal format is commonly used on UNIX systems. The previous  example would be displayed as 131.108.11.55 0XFFFF...

Perhaps this is a daft question, but any assistance would be very much appreciated.I have two switches which I have setup independantly with a routed link between them. I.e. No switchport on an interface and assigned them both an ip address in a /30 ...

by Not applicable
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am trying to tune the QoS on some data centre switches: 2960G and 3750. I have read the configuration guide chapter about QoS, and the relevant parts of Tim Szigeti's book, but there are still some points that are not clear to me. I just want to un...

Guys,we're upgrading over 40 of our 3550/3560 switches to the 3560x platform - what I have noticed is that we get quite a few PoE issues when migrating the site - for instance, 90 - 95% of the site's Cisco's phones will come up but not all of them - ...

I have  the follow error in a SW3750:%SFF8472-5-THRESHOLD_VIOLATION: Te2/0/1: Voltage low alarm; Operating value: 0.00 V, Threshold value: 3.07 V.I used the command: #sho interfaces transceiver If device is externally calibrated, only calibrated valu...