Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Dear Community.We have a network basically configured with Catalyst 3560G/E/X, full feature, that is vrf-lite, ospf.The "problem" occured when I had the first network-ring configured, and one port was blocked by spanning-tree in this ring-structure.A...

Hi Expertshow to see the IP Address of the Below MAC-ADDRESS connected to g1/2? what command do i need to issueSW1#sh mac-address-table98  2cc2.Beee.ada4   dynamic  Yes          5   Gi1/2thanksjamil

Morning all,I'm fairly new to STP and have a few questions.  Right now I have two 6509's connected via an etherchannel running PVST, core1 is the root and core2 has the designated root port list it should.  When I do packet captuers on my production ...

torroba72 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,On the Cisco switch MTU is set to 9000 on all ports. Some hosts are configured for MTU as 9000 and some are default 1500. IT's causing problem in the application communications between hosts. Is there anything on the switch side that needs to be c...

We currently have a network with dual 6509 core switches Non E that we're looking at replacing in September so we can be better positioned for the future.  I'm seriously looking at proposing a single Nexus 7K with dual sups VS Two Nexus 7K with dual ...

ty.masse by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2147713On the back of this previous post I have a new question.Can I reset ONLY the ASDM http username and password?  The previous admin didn't leave it behind (that I can find), but it must have been set up sin...

I have recently inherited a few networking responsibilities in an SMB network.  Nothing overly complicated. Here's my issue, there is an ASA 5505 used for VPN and in the near future a DMZ.  I can connect via the console but I'd rather use ASDM.  The ...

Dear friends,I am running OSPF on Ten Gig interfaces between Core and Distribution switches. I want Distribution 1 and Distribution 2 switch (redundant switches) to not be OSPF adjancent.I wanted to know that if i apply the following commands, will i...

Hi,we have two  point to point leased line connections one is Ethernet output  second one is serial output & cisco 1941 router it has 2 gig ports 2 serial port i want configure wan failover in this router is it support for this application? Thanks,Na...

We have several older Cisco Catalyst 2948G-L3 older switches that we dug out of mothballs to deploy (i.e. no SmartNet contract on them).  No one here is a true network admin (smaller company) and we recently lost our network consultant.  Our standard...