Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Guys we have two  WAN routers which is running HSRP on the LAN..........one is active and on eis standby......the issue is that i have to config DHCPon the router??? how will i achieve that ....what if if one router dies i am confusedCan someone expl...

I am currently using catalyst 4506 L3 switch and 2950 L2 switches for pc's which are EOL. I am replacing L3 with 3750X, two switches in a stack. L2 is 2960S all with gbps ports. I have to have a baseline (performance comparison with the current setup...

avilt by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have a gremlin in the system where users often can't log into the windows domain around 4 AM.  The problem clears up around 5 AM.  I'd like to setup some sort monitor on a couple routers to validate connectivity our netapp and our dns servers over...

Hi all, This question is haunting me for quite some time and i really need some experience of you guys to help me. We have branches all over the country and we take different links like fiber (ethernet) radio links etc. Now sometimes when we ping fro...

Jonn cos by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Just a simple question here, (yes I'm still a beginner):I have a router which the inside interface is hooked to a PC with the IP address 10.1.0.1.I want to access that PC with ssh; (from the outside) I did the command on the router:Router(config)# ip...

alex39481 by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hello,i am experiencing intermittent CPU high situation at a client site. I have 2 6509-E chassis with SUP-720-VSS and classic line cards :-(. on October 2011 the switch reached 100% CPU on both devices and the entire network went down. Customer rest...

najeeb_v by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everybodyI passed ccnp route exam a week ago and I would like to thank all of you for your great help ; Now  i am starting my study for  switch after one-week of much needed break.My book says  one can design campus network using  hierarchical net...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

ip nat pool tester1 10.0.0.1 10.0.0.2 netmask 255.255.255.0The pool will contain two ip address for NAT 10.0.0.110.0.0.2How do you set it up so the pool only contains one ip address and works as ip nat pool tester1 10.0.0.1 10.0.0.1 netmask 255.255.2...

Hi,I am using 3560.IP rouitng is being turned off on this.Curious to know if I will create etherchannel or port channel.I think etherchannel.Correct me if I am wrong.On connecting switches I have vlan10,20,30 to be allowed.I am sure I need to allow t...

sushil by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,All the other switches / routers on quering for SNMP sysName.0 returns their FQDN in our network. The Nexus 7010 and 5020 switches in the network return only their name. "hostname xx" and "ip domain-name xx" defined on all the devices. The SNMP MI...

We have seen high CPU utilization on some Cisco switches of type 2960S. Also we got info, that applications are running with poor performance or with interuption. Is this a know problem?Following IOS is loaded: C2960s-universalk9-mz.122.55.SE

richi3161 by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes