Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hallo Community, i dont know if iam right hier but i have a problem with ASA 5510 version 8.2(1),i have a mac os x 10.6.8 dns server when the asa is online and i want to use the internet my internet is very slaw it neede about 1.5 min to open yahoo.c...

Hello Everyone,My question is related with double connection in switches.I have one switch connected to other two switches, and i would keep the two active connections, like bellow:          SWITCH1           |          |           |          |SWITCH...

Wanted to discuss the option of port security on Layer 2 switches that will enable me to prevent outside device from connecting to an internal network.  Based upon some documentation switchport port-security options are available on the existing 12.2...

lewwalker by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Everyone,I have a network with spanning-tree mode mst, but, we want change this for spanning-tree mode rstp.I have two cores(6500) and need know what is the better mode for change this with no impact in my network?We dont have distributin layer...

The company I work for owns a remote manufacturing facility that houses a stack of five 3750 switches that function as the core switching system for the plant.  DHCP services are configured on the 3750 stack.There are currently three VLANs configured...

Hello,I have a 2 X 4510E switch with dual sup-7E running as the core switches of my company. we would like to enable BGP on these switches, according to cisco released datasheet IPBase license does NOT support BGP. When i typed question mark, BGP com...

Turbo727 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,Let's say I have Gi0/0 - 172.16.0.0/27 and Gi0/2 - 172.16.2.0/23.I need to access everything from first network to second but nothing from 172.16.2.0/23 to 172.16.0.0/27.I'm very beginner, I can't figure the ACL..Thanks !

Is there any standard or convention for when a device reports a queue drop or an error also as a discard?I have seen cases where the count of output queue drops reported on an interface matches the number recorded in output discards. However, when I ...

Hi Dears.I configurated dual ISP at router. as you see my configuration i have two subnet: 192.168.20.0 and 192.168.10.0i do that subnet at dynamic NAT.and they are backup at each other. all of them are perfect working. dynamci nat working perfectly....

Hi everyone,I read that Jumbo frames, when enabled on Gig ingress interfaces on a switch, will be dropped if the egress interface is 10/100. Does this hold true if the actual egress interface on the switch is a gig interface however the port on the o...

Ricky S by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes