Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have an old Cisco 3500XL I am using for my home lab, but was wondering can I use the fiber ports to connect to my PC.  I have to correct NIC interfaces but no link indication.  I did make sure the port was no down, but sill not link....Any idea??? ...

jwood1650 by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am trying to configure a Cisco 871 router.I have 3 servers on my network that need static public IPs but also still need to communicate on the local network.I have given my WAN interface the first IP in the block and set up PAT for the rest of the ...

I have a Nexus 7K router, has 2 ospf process, ospf 1 and ospf2. OSPF1 has several subnets in 10.1.0.0/16 subnet range , OSPF2 has several subnets in  10.2.0.0/16 subnet range. I want to summary OSPF 1 subnets to 10.1.0.0/16 then redistribute to OSPF2...

yang.yutd by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,We have a Cisco WS-C6509 catalyst based switch with two WS-F6K-MSFC2 for L3 activity.This switch has been behaving wierdly.One of the abnormality is the EIGRP SIA issue. Below are the details on the OS and the module details.show moduleMod Slot Po...

We have a 3750 and a 3560 defined as a layer 2 switches. One gig port on each switch  is trunked to layer 3 switches, which containall the VLAN definitions etc. The other gig port on the 3650 and 3750 switches are trunked together to provide an alter...

gginty by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Does anyone know of a script that can be run in IOS to automatically add descriptions to switch ports using DNS?  We are trying to clean up years of bad documentation and adding port descritions is one thing we are trying to tackle.

k.joslin by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have a Catalyst 4500 (Supervisor Engine V) running software 12.2(31)SGA6 IPBase-M, I need to configure OSPF in this switch but anytime I try to use ospf commands like "router ospf id" the switch seems to not recognize them (I got no error mes...

Is it possible to have a switch, outside of an MST region, running PVST that is the root switch for some VLANs?We have a L2 link to an ISP, the ISP has set their switch to STP priority 0 for all VLANs, so it is the root switch of our network and is c...

Dear all, FYI10.1.18.71 (Firewall A)10.1.2.1   (Firewal B) (connected throughI've one Cisco 3750G-12S with ip routing enable, the swtich is with IP Service firmware, with PRR support.Currently set my default static route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.1.18.71 to...

yeewensmc by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hello, im having question according ip unnumbered interface, we have a network with ~50 customersWe using multiple subintefaces on the router, every ip address uses its own subinterface.every subinterface have one /32 static route towards them, and t...

from88 by Level 4
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card