Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

howdy...got this crazy issue with vtp last week...so we have a few stacked 3750 switches with vtp transparent configured...some idiot plugged in a fiber from another network into our stacked switches...that network/switch has vtp server configured......

mrSS by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,I have client who has two distant offices with 3750 L3 as core (do all vlan routing for local office) and multiple L2 access switches with multiple VLAN’s connected to it. First 3750 is hub also connected to internet, second 3750 is spoke and ...

wilson.jr by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Everyone,I currently have 3 core switches on my campus.  They are 6509 catalyst switches.  They currently are not interconnected to each other.I want to interconnect them to each other.  The IP addresses of each core sit on a interface Loopback...

latintrpt by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Today we interconnected new datacenter-switches via SVIs and OSPF as routing protocol. After finishing the configuration we made some failover/redundancy tests and were surprised by the fact that convergence took more than 40 seconds. The reason is t...

we have 4 nexus 5548 switches and according to our plan we use 2 x 5k switches in primary  site and  2 x 5k in DR site,  we are using MPLS VPLS layer 2 link between bothsides. we have 2 v block server farm so we need redundent uplink with vpc on both...

I'm also going to pose this question with VMware but am curious if  anyone has tried to configure a Fabric Extender host port as a Trunk in  order to connect an ESX 4.1 host to it.  I understand that you cannot  attach another switch that is reliant ...

Hi everyone,Thank you for your help. I have some questions about network traffic shaping questions.Currently, we have a Cisco router (28xx), ASA 5520, and a core switch 4500. We have different vlans. We also have Auto QoS running for our Cisco IP Pho...

riderfaiz by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear all ,We have a new internet connection from DSL cisco router 800 Series (877).You has been delivered it to us with Cisco Router 800 series (Ver 870), when we connect it to the PC directly it’ll work fine with the static IP.But when we try to con...

Greetings All,I hope anyone that anyone that is taking the time to read this can help me with my plight.We are getting poor perfromace out of our 10Gig infrastructure and I am not certain where the problem lies or where even to look. The network admi...

planzone by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi -I have to following topology...A-InternetEdge-A-Core-A-WANEdge-MPLS-B-WANEdge-B-Core-B-InternetEdgeI've got mutual redistribution between BGP and OSPF working but when I down a WANEdge inteface and bring it back up the routing table doesn't resto...

m.egan by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes