Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello all,            I have a customer who needs IPTV to be implemented in his network. He needs layer2 multicasting. But we got a design recommendation from IPTV people ( my responsibility is justto configure the switches for IPTV) that we cannot i...

Hi all,I am hoping you can help me with a multicasting issue. I am able to stream a video via multicast using the VLC media player. All of the subnets (VLANs) on my local core switch are able to open the stream and play the movie. Anything past the i...

We just purchased 2 new 3750 Switches and 10 2960 switches and we have a Nortel switch for VOIP. The two 3750 switches will be stacked and it will bbe connecting to all the other switches. We have one data vlan and 3 VOIP vlans. Is VTP recommended on...

I'm trying to run a trunk over a four port Lacp group to a netgear switch form a 3560 but am getting stuck. Everything works fine if I setup a trunk using a single standalone port, and everything works when I use a Lacp group in 'switchport access' m...

Hello,  Thanks to jon.marshall's help, I was able to get a secondary ip address on Vlan1 of my router. I have assigned secondary ip addresses to my servers (DNS, WINS) and I can ping them on the old class C subnet and on the new class B subnet. But I...

Resolved! switch stack

Hello All,Please help me on how to stack together 3 3750 or 3650 switches. What are the configuration steps involved.Does the configuration done on master sync by itself to the slaves once the stack is created.Thanks in advance

suthomas1 by Level 6
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am a newbie to advanced configuration of a switch, so please excuse my ignorance. I would like to restrict where my tftp server can connect to. Can anyone provide me with some guidance. I am using a Catalyst 3750 v2 switch in a lab environment.Than...

Here's the scenario:I have an L3 switch that connects to an ASA then to a router that  gets to the internet.  The ASA controls all VPN connections so I have a  route set on the L3 switch to send connections to a specific IP to the  ASA, then the ASA ...

If there is a NATIVE VLAN mismatch on either side of an 802.1Q trunk, layer-2 loops may occur because VLAN 1 STP bridge protocol data units (BPDUs) are sent to the IEEE STP MAC adress (0180.c200.0000) untagged.Can you explain this with examples?

I was trying to implement a web site blocking for sites such as facebook and youtube, but with no luck.You have blocked the ip range, but in that range could be some useful sites, so you won't be able to access them.May be implementing of Access List...

Hello,We have a 7600rouer.Router#sh ip cache flow | in K ....Vl192            192.104.148.198  Vl192           192.68.181.57   06 E8A5 3E80    10KVl11             119.203.38.35    Vl106            10.202.55.140   06 0050 0EA0    13K--                ...

zesum by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes