Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Is it possible to know the interface connected to a server based only on the Mac-address of server on a 6509?There is no IP on the serverThis is not possible as per my knowledge but I need some document showing that in order to send it to the client....

Moin Khan by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi. I have two routers setup - R2 and R8.  I have message-digest configured on both routers' ospf processes.  On R2, I have the message-digest-key statement with the key 'hello'.  On R8, I only have the 'ip ospf authentication' statement.Theoreticall...

vincehgov by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a WS-X6748-GE-TX module that I want to put into a 6506.  It's in slot 4, and for some reason I can see it in 'show module' output just fine, but it won't power up (status is PwrDown).  I thought that all of the slots of this switch were dual f...

Dear All,I have one-way audio issues with IP phones 7962G connected to a catalyst 3750. The problem is calling between two IP phones one the same switch and same VLAN. The scaniors are as follows:1. Both IP phones on the same switch and same VLAN. Th...

I have cisco 6509 cisco switch and want to restrict bandwidth on both direction guide me what i have to do in configuration mode.I am already service policy but it is working in either input or output menas one direction only. I want to make it both ...

Hello Team,What is the difference between BPDU guard and BPDU Filter.I have BPDU Filter and BPDU Guard enabled in two access ports 1/0/8 and 1/0/10.I am connecting a cross cable from 1/0/8 and 1/0/10 but it doesnt shutdown the port instead it creates...

I am new to this discussion board and pretty much an amateur with routers.  I can log in and check some commands that I have copied down, but not much more than that.I am here because being a smaller business, I need to take on more of the monitoring...

Good morning:When I configured DHCP in Nexus 5548 I recibed the next error message:N5k-2# 2011 Jun 16 01:51:56 N5k-2 %NETSTACK-2-MISMATCH_LEN: netstack [4617] udp_input: Mismatch in mbuf len (46) and IP len (32)I searched this error in the Error Mess...

anacucala by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

On 6/17/11 at 1:20am I had 220 of our 254 2950's (WS-C2950G-48-EI, Version 12.1(22)EA4) management interfaces disconnect. We have typical Cisco network with IP core, layer 2 HSRP distributions feeding to the edge switches. There were no network chang...

Hi All, If anyone can help I will really appreciate. I could not figure out the problem myself Basically, I have got router with 1 F0/0 and 4eth port. I have got 1f0/0 as WAN port configured and 4Eth port connected to different network. What I want t...

Hi all experts.I have 6509 switch with 2 sup720 working as backup and primary. Now our concern is, is there anyway to generate alerts for the following1) If 6509 is running on primary, and backup sup fails, 2) if 6509 shifts to backupAlso, how can i ...

Jonn cos by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a ASA5520 at the corporate office.  I need to start deploying Cisco 881's to remote locations on various networks out of my control with my devices behind them.  I need help with the proper configuration for the 881 to be able to grab a dhcp a...

Hello,Does anyone know if i can see switch generated packets in a SPAN session on a C3750 switch ?For example: i want to see the ports generated BPDUs (by the switch) and also the switch generated LOOP packets ,however i  have noticed i don't see any...

gnijs by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can we perform policy based natting instead of policy based routing if we have two wan links on one router. If so, then how ?

techguy by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes