Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,I would like to deploy this 6506 switch. I figure it can replace 3 3500s with it's 3, 48 port modules and it has 802.1x and MST capabilities. I would like to upgade the switch with a K9 image but, the sho module output and the images on the softwa...

Hi;As I struggle with small but correlated-with-user-complaints Output Queue Drops on a 3560, I realized that even after 25+ years of working with this stuff, I still don’t fully understand exactly WHEN a Cisco switch will remove a packet from a Tx b...

scrye by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I keep getiing a "%Error reading tftp://ip address/c3750-ipbasek9-mz122-44.se2.bin (Timed Out)"  I have reloaded the switch several times and also the tftp server.  I am using WinAgent TFTP Server manager .Help!!!ThanksAlfred

dacruzer1 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi all.i have the follwoing senario . Access layer switches are connected vai fiber to core switch .does sfp's require special configuraiton ?or do just need to plug and play ? 2)   core-sw----------------------access-layer swithches we have four vla...

HiCan you please check this config and see if this will work for redundancy in case the switch 1 Sup on slot 1 fails.Thanks and much appreciatedSwitch 1interface GigabitEthernet1/1description HSRP Trunk to Switch-2switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q...

Hi when changing SDM-template to lanbase-routing it shows the new values.switch#sh sdm prefer The current template is "default" template. The selected template optimizes the resources in the switch to support this level of features for 0 routed inter...

Hi, if I had class C networks with a /24 mask, and different networks connected together by a router like 192.168.1.0 and 192.168.2.0, do I refer to these as networks or subnets? My guess is I would refer to them as networks, because I have 24 networ...

Is it possibile on a 3750X to poll packet size informations per port via SNMP (output of the show interfd controller command) ?If yes with which OID ?extact of the show interface controller output for 1 interface:#packets     frame size19432432     6...

grodoni by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Folks1)when u add the command arp 192.168.100.50 0000.0c07.ac14  ARPA   , then when issue the command "sh arp" no output exist under the interface column ? why is that?2)i m able to ping this ip from anywhere in my network but from the switch i...

Hello, (sorry for my poor english)I have a problem with 6505 (with VSS).I have created some L2 portchannels with number 50,51,52...58. Portchannel 1,2,10 and 11 was always created.After that I notice that I forgot channel number 55 and I created it t...

brunnerb by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes