Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

We mostly use small business products, so my knowledge of enterprise configuration is limited.The entire network is a single LAN right now, all VLAN 1, but I'm about to reconfigure a network consisting of several Catalyst 3550 switches to work with a...

Greetings all!I have purchased a 2950 EI for CCNA Labs and I am having some trouble getting it set up. Reading through Odom's book, I began learning some of the CLI commands. I am admittedly a novice and stumbling my way through getting this 2950 set...

Hi all, having looked around this forum and not finding the answer i thought I'd post a question.I have a WS-C2960-48TT-L, 12.2(25)SEE3 and I need to configure port security, specifically I need to configure the same set of computer MAC address' on e...

GentsOur customer need to setup a few link aggregations on a Cat4000 switch for increasing their blade servers' throughput and the IOS which currently running is cat4000-is-mz.121-20.E.bin. But I don't see the switch's IOS supports LACP. Since there ...

Hello, All.What's the difference from STP disabling and portfast?I know portfast didn't meant STP disable, just but change state to forwarding immediately.But portfast can be a cause of network loop.I think this is same to STP disable(for edge port)....

wingu by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

1.  ASA Management Interface in correct VLAN and subnet2.  Cisco 4507R Switch with routing turned on and multiple VLANS          a.  Management workstations(VLAN 222, 10.10.34.64/27) need to access the Management network (VLAN 998, 10.10.34.0/26) via...

Hello,I have a client who currently has an ASA 5505 (with security + license) for VPN/Firewall which needs to be connected to a 2 switch (2960S-48-TS-L) stack.  They have a couple of VLANs setup.  My question is can they connect two switch ports from...

bscisco11 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi FolksCan y please analyze the below output and tell me what is the ubnormal behavior5 minute input rate 10869000 bits/sec, 1644 packets/sec  5 minute output rate 2763000 bits/sec, 1230 packets/sec  L2 Switched: ucast: 202139269872 pkt, 18302377680...

Hello everybody,I have been trying to connect two 2960G-24TC-L(using the gig0/24) through a cab-sfp-50cm cable and I keep on getting the interfaces in err-disabled state.I have read (haven't tru it yet) that I should be able to overcome the problem b...

Dear All,I am hearing a story the it is a cisco best practice to down grade ports to 100 FDX when connecting non  CISCO devices to a CISCO gigabit switch.  Apparently this is recommended because firmware compatibility can be guaranteed and not thrott...

Hello,Is there away to clear the following entries in the config? I have already disabled qos but the following entires still remain when the show config command is performed.mls qos map cos-dscp 0 8 16 24 32 46 48 56mls qos srr-queue input bandwidth...

bjphlipot by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm trying to apply QoS on a 6500 to prioritize a VideoTeleConference session. When I apply the service-policy to my interfaces, I get the following error:Router(config)#int vlan 3300Router(config-if)#service-policy input vtcQoS: Specified match crit...

drhague by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card