Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi Folkswhat is the reason for the below commands?when we need to configure thisarp 172.16.30.30  02af.0a10.0234 ARPA

Hi Their,I'm relative new in the Cisco world.I'm studying for the CCent.I'have the following questions:1) When I want to telnet into one of my switches or router, I get the following message: "Connection to 10.10.1.2 closed by foreign host". Why do I...

Has any one ever come across a phantom AS when issuing the show ip eigrp topology?Below is the last line of the output, and AS 1 is not configured on the router.IP-EIGRP Topology Table for AS(1)/ID(0.0.0.0)There is nothing below it.  Just that statem...

Hi Everyone,                   I've been having an issue with PC's I have in Vlan 101 unable to access the internet, the GigabitEthernet0/0 is the outside interface and I'm trying to use the Vlan 101 Int as the inside interface. The router is able to...

Hello PeopleBecause the catalyst has the switch NVRAM because I see that the configuration filesare located inside the flash. I think even more faciul to handle configurations. 2800series routers to work this way too?ATT Tiago Eduardo Zacarias

With a router running 12.4T IOS configured as a PPPoE clientdo we still need to configure the VPDN commands on the client side?I was able to get PPPoe to work without the VPDN commands (sh pppoe session showed the session up on both sides). however, ...

west33637 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is it normal for cisco 3560-8 port switches Vlan 1 interface to go down, when no user ports has anything to connected to it?If it is, what can be done to alter that so that vlan 1 will still stay up even if nothing is connected to the access ports.Th...

a.mir by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiI'm seeing an issue on 2 of my switches (6509 with SUP720b) where they dont seem to save comands to the running config. For example: If I edit the config of one of my 10Gb fiber interfaces with the follwing comands:conf t     Int te9/1          swi...

cisco-it by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes