Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi TeamI am trting to test multicast between two sites connected over WAN...SIte A is connected to Site B with DS3 link with  ethernet output.The DS3 link is connncteted between cisco 2851 router at each end.At Lan SIde Cisco 2851 router is conncted ...

Hi AllI need a help as soon as possible.I am copying a config file from flash to startup, which contains creating vlans and naming them. When I copy from Flash to startup and reload the router I am getting an error as BAD ended file and Vlans are not...

uthth1971 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can anyone point me in the right direction?  I'm Wiresharking from a 6509 port configured as this:swC-1Z2#sh run int fa3/14Load for five secs: 2%/0%; one minute: 3%; five minutes: 2%Time source is NTP, 16:33:55.542 MDT Tue Feb 1 2011Building configur...

tmadden by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Guys,I have a 2960 which seems to be freezing up, as in nothing can be done to access or use it. Once restarted everything is ok. Is there any suggestions on where or what I should look for to see what's going on. There is no information being sen...

We are currently using 6500s and are looking at the NEXUS 7000 as our next core router.The problem is we are using approx. 35 of the vlans that are pre-assigned as INTERNAL on the NEXUS platform.QUOTE FROM DOC...-----Found in... Cisco Nexus 5000 Seri...

Hi,I have an IE 3000 switch that is not getting power from the Pwr B plug.  Two different power supplies are being used for powering the switch and it has been running in a work environment for about 4 months until recently the LED light displaying t...

Resolved! ios image

a supervisor engine 720 behaves indifferently. when booted up it shows below results in monitor.boot doesnt help with anything and has it back to monitor.IOS used to load is s72033-jk9o3sv-mz.122-18.SXD7b.binrommon 1 > dir bootflash:Initializing ATA ...

suthomas1 by Level 6
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I need to block World of Warcraft. I have a Cisco 871W router.I've seen the question posed a couple of times over the past year, however, either I'm still not "getting it", or I'm just leaving something obvious out.Using CCP 2.3, this is how I curren...

Hello,I have a basic problem with my level 3 switch.Below you'll find a drawing which is worth more than a thousand words:Let's say that hosts on the LAN (below) are sending syslog messages to the syslog server.The switch is configured as shown above...

Resolved! VTP question

Does turning VTP off completely on a switch that is currently running it in transparent mode have any adverse effects?  What about turning it off when it's in VTP server mode?  I'm unfamiliar with VTP, and we recently acquired a small network that ha...

HiI have 3 switches...distro 1, distro 2 and access 1d1 is rootd2 is secacc 1 is dual homed to d1 and d2I run extended ping to d1 from acc1I pull cable for acc1 to d1 connectionRSTP fails over to the acc1-d2 connection pretty quickly...lose a ping (u...

visitor68 by Level 4
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes