Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi to All,Just pass my CCNA exam and found a question asking why a router was giving a prompt to erase flash memory.I always thought that this prompt was only used when there were not enough space on the flash but this was not in the choice of answer...

Steph1963 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have a Vlan that is running on a pair of 4900 switches that is cabled back to my core switches (Vlan 500).The Vlan is using HSRP across my core switches, so any host pluggedd into the 4900's will use the virtual address as its default gateway...

normbeef by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi to All,I was looking at the Cisco TSHOOT demo on line and I notice that their trunk port was configure as access and trunk.vlan 10 name CLIENT_VLAN!vlan 98 name NATIVE_VLAN!vlan 99 namae PARKING_LOTinterface FastEthernet1/0/19 description Trunk to...

Steph1963 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! C2960S QoS

Hi ExpertsI want to classify traffic by using class-maps in a Catalyst C2960S but it doesn't work (class-maps doesn´t match any traffic)RH0A01-SW1#show policy-map interface GigabitEthernet1/0/34 GigabitEthernet1/0/34  Service-policy input: QoS_Standa...

Hi,We are facing this error in our 6506 switch when we insert the second sup2.We can see a hardware version mismatch between both primary and secondary supervisors. Other parameters are matching.2010 Dec 30 15:00:49 IST +05:30 %SYS-5-SUP_REDMISMATCH:...

gururajan by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! ACL question

ACL's are my weak spot, I don't do many so it has not sunk in like it should.My question is, when I do a "show access-lists" and I see (23 Matches) does that mean since the reboot there have been 23 packets that matched that ACL? And if I do not see ...

burleyman by Level 8
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi,getting error while try to copy run conf to tftp in 3750 switch other devices don't have issues only this model facing the error(tftp server ip pinging no firewall on pc )Please helpme anyone

I have connected a new switch in my office last week that is Cisco 2960  TCL. But I didnt configured the switch yet but its connected and working  fine. The switch took an IP address from my DHCP server. Now I want to  configure the switch. But I can...

Because a picture tells more than a thousand words; herewith a part of our network topology (IP’s are not valid, just an example) The picture is how the network is configured currently, except for the VPN tunnel.How is works currently the Remote Offi...

emartens by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Alrighty so I guess I'll lay it all out here and hope for some answers.I just got a brand new cisco 891 to replace our main router at work here. It looks pretty but it wont do much routing. The switch works fine and I can do the basic networking task...