Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

We have a special requirement. One of the  server (WEB server ) in DMZ should be restricted from accesssing other servers and also other servers should be restricted from accessing this particular server, I have created Private vlan as below.vlan 10p...

Hello all,   Recently we upgraded a crypto image for one of the 6509 series switch. Upon rebooting the switch to start with new IOS, the switch is throwing out the below message. And its not booting.,Autoboot executing command: "boot bootflac6k_sup2 ...

Hi All,I have a similar discussion few days back....but starting it again due to some confusionLAN Setup:- I have 2 Nos. of Core switch Cisco 4506, Core_1 ( VTP Mode Server ) and all other switch including Core_2 in VTP mode client. I have made some ...

sdasgupta by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi every body.I just want to know about the output of"  show output"  on cisco ios switch.  Numerous google searches returned  " show ip arp"   , i could not find one for " show arp" . Thanks  and have a great Chrismas.

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hii all,I have a problem with a NM-ESW-16 network module in a Cisco 2651XM router running Advanced Security IOS v12.4(25d).Prior to upgrading to this version of IOS, the router was running IOS v12.4(8).  Switch ports 0-7 were configured to be in VLAN...

Hi All!According to the documentation http://www.cisco.com/en/US/technologies/tk648/tk362/technologies_white_paper09186a00800a3db9.html, definition field type with value = 51 marked as a *Vendor Proprietary*. But my router includes to NetFlow packet ...

tibi1zef2 by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi every body.First of all , marry Christmas to all of you.Let say we want to manage a switch remotely by telnet.  We assign the switch ip address as  int vlan2, ip address 2.2.2.2/24.  Does Vlan2 require that atleast one switch port be assigned to i...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello! I'm working on redesigning my small hosting network to use all public IP addresses.  The colo provider has given me a /28 subnet with 12 usable "host" IP addresses, and I'm planning to subnet this into two /29's subnets.  When i configure the ...

Afternoon all,http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r213/amrogers3/networkdiagram7.jpgI am attempting to implement a device on a home network which can provide the following functionality:4+ VLANsability to apply ACLs to VLANsRADIUS capabilityport mirro...

amrogers3 by Level 1
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiI have to order a Cisco WS-C6506-E switch Chasis with VS-S720-10G-3C Sup with redundanncy and WS-X6748-gE-TX and  WS-X6748-SFP modules.I would like to know about the Smartnet Part for the same for 3 years. how can I find te SmartNet Partnumber for ...

below is the buffer allocation for the queues on the interface, is it possible to see the total queue size what is utilized in percent for each queues, i.e, total packets in each queue and what is remaining, if the queue is full or not..I am after a ...

hi every bodyi hope every body is having happy holidays.  I have few questions.Routers in Internet are configured to drop packets, destined to private ip addresses.  How do we accomplish this ?  by using acl?Let say an isp router  receives a packet f...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,i'm having some problem in redistributing static route in eigrp with vrf configured.i'll show you configuration:Device Aversion 5.1(1a)feature eigrprouter eigrp 667  autonomous-system 667  vrf BB_backend  address-family ipv4 unicast    redistr...

Hi,Right now we have about 30 switches (2960 and 2950) and a switch core Catalyst 4507R, we're traying to hard our network plataform and surfing the web we have found many documents and recommedatios pointing to activate Dynamic Arp Inspection in the...