Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Does anyone have interoperability experience with Ciena 4200?  Ciena profile minimum MTU value is 1600.  Should I configure the Catalyst 6500 to match this value?

mcvhintex by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I am using sdm 2.5 for my cisco1811. Pls advise how i can change the enable password using the sdm gui.I also notice that i have to key in the enable password when i access it via console. I can't access the console using login.This is the cas...

donnie by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I cannot see any logging messages indicating that some packets meeets the Access-list condition. Here is a portion of the configuration:logging console informationalinterface GigabitEthernet1/0/3 ip access-group 101 inaccess-list 101 deny icmp any...

Steph1963 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,We recently started having this error msg"%SYS-2-MOD_INBANDTEST:Module 1 error detected ... testingIf we removed Sup2 standy card the error msg goes away.We have replace the Sup2 card twice now and error msg does not go away.Can someone help me on...

serge123 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I do not see the 2 FE ports in sh ip int br. I don't see how to enable the card. card-type is not an optionshow versionCisco IOS Software, 2800 Software (C2800NM-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.3(11)T11, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc3)Cisco 2821 (revision 53.5...

All, I have a problem with an NLB cluster on a 3750 switch stack. I created static mac addresses to point to the correct ports, and then I created the static arp entries for the address that should be answering on those ports. Internal, it works fine...

Hi,I got a WS-C2948G-L3 switch. I created VLAN's using the below commands: Infact I used the Cisco forum to find out this (https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3206570#3206570)2948G-L3#configure terminalEnter configuration commands, one per line. ...

If the wrong IOS was put on a 3750v2 and it is in a continuous loop. How can you because the hardware does not suppport firmware. How can you put the switch back in a state where you can install the proper firmware ?

We were looking into using the 2960S as an access switch for a gigabit to the desk project replacing 2960 10/100 switches. Al our access switches are fully patched, so we need the 25th port for our uplink (uplinks are gigabit UTP). 2960S seemed the i...

wholemans by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi , we have a Cisco NX-OS(tm) n5000 and we configured the snmp community but,If I get a snmpwalk on the ethernet interface that is working, the output is always 0.This is my query snmp:[root@host ~]# snmpget -v1 -ccomm sw-host ifInOctets.436211712IF...

gpbuono78 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card