Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,I just bought a Cisco layer 3 switch (model Number: WS-C2948G-L3) from ebay and my intend is to create VLAN's in this. But strangely enough, I don't see any commands to create vlans. but I see the command sh vlans.I think this switch is loaded wit...

Hello Everyone,I have a problem with ICMP, I have a series of switch in the same vlan (206) this is the admin vlan and then i have a core 6509 who does the inter vlan routing, if a try to do ping from 6509 to another devices, one of them are sucessfu...

kathy-kat by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Greeting allI`d like to have more idea for the upgrade to VSSI actually have 4 chassis 6509 and one of them is the enhanced versionI`m actually having the supervisor Supervisor Engine 720   WS-SUP720-BASE on all my chassisSo to integrate VSS i need t...

Hi EveryoneI wouldnt say i'm a pro at cisco but i do grasp networking structures and concepts.I have a asa 5520 firewall. it is failover'd to another.out side that i have 2 switches, outside thoes a dsl modem, then the internet.the asa is passing tra...

Hi,I would like to know if somebody can help me in finding somekind of defintion for the timers displayed with the utilisation of show spanning tree detail:Timers: message age 3, forward delay 0, hold 0Message age seems to be a counter incremented ea...

Steph1963 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,i have 6513 core switch and i made it work as dhcp serverdoes anyone know how to know the number of ips obtained from this dhcp server??thanksayman

I am in the very beginning of a project to install a VOIP Network for our LAN.  I use EIGRP as a router protocol.  I have a full class "B" address scheme that is broken down in class "c" address space for users.  I break down the addresses by geograp...

1...is err disable state is by default violation mode for switches?2.what is the purpose of protced mode of violation after violation occur still port is in on condition and port status is gree..if this happen how does administrator will identify tha...

1.Since pvst is by default Cisco product... then why we get this remarkSpanning tree enabled protocol ieee ..when we do sh span command....2.As per pvst it only work with ISL encapsulation technique...practically i found i does work with dot1q also w...

Hi,I found increase of Total output drop when i monitor status of interface but i didn't found any parameter which affects to increase output drop.I can't explain to clients about this. (I use C2960G-48TC-L). Which cause have affects to increase tota...

Rojer-bkk by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Does Cisco have a user authentication solution (like MAC-address based VLANs) that does not use the dot1x methodology?I mentioned a user-authentication scheme using dot1x and he jabber-jawed about a Cisco solution that does not require a dot1x agent ...

visitor68 by Level 4
  • 21 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card