Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,I am expereincieng some issues on the network and would like get a feedback please.We have our Default gateways pointed to 10.114.10.1 on the servers that are on the 10.114.10.x network. They are sometimes going to 10.114.10.1(1st hop) and then...

mhasabal by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I would like to know if it is possible to perform variable traffic shaping per protocol on a Cisco router (I have a 877W).What I am looking for is that if I transfer files by FTP, I will get the maximum bandwidth available from my WAN but as soon ...

Hi, after OIR of GLC-SX-MM into Cisco 2960-24TC-L I am getting this log:Jul 16 14:47:03: %SYS-3-CPUHOG: Task is running for (2097)msecs, more than (2000)msecs (1/1),process = hpm main process.Jul 16 14:47:06: %SYS-3-CPUHOG: Task is running for (4194)...

HiI got a scenario where SW1 connects to SW2  ; sw2 connects to Sw3  ; Sw3 connects to Sw1Sw1 = 3560Sw2 = 2960Sw3 = LinkSysSw1-------------------Trunk port-------------------Sw2  ( Fiber )Sw2--------------------trunk port-------------------sw3  ( Gig...

Hello,Please excuse my ignorance, but I had this card up and running a while ago and I swapped it out and put it in another router.  Now it is not functioning properly.  Basically my WIC-4ESW card is associated with VLAN1 which has an ip address of 1...

Jeff by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I need to provide a solution for  the followingThere are 3 swiches namely  A and B and CSwitch ACisco 3560 with two 1Gbps uplinks and 48 10/100Mbps portsSwich B  and CCisco 2960 With two 1Gbps uplinks and 24 10/100 Mbps ports eachalso there is a  ser...

Hi guys,I have a DHCP setup on my Cisco 877W that acts as a DHCP server.I would like to add an option to statically assign IP addresses for a chosen number of hosts.My current DHCP configuration is:ip dhcp excluded-address 192.168.1.1 192.168.1.20!ip...

Resolved! switching question

HelloBackbone switch connects to edge switch with a trunk configint giga 0/0switchport trunk encap dot1qswitchport mode trunkinterface fa 0/1switchport mode accessswitchport access vlan 99how can I identify how much data is transfered for vlan 99 in ...

Resolved! backup network

HelloDatabase backup is performed on production network as the size was small.Now Database size is increasing so need expert advice from gurus on how to overcome it with best practise optionsEnterprise backup Server got Two NICI was planning to have ...

Hi:What kind of VPN solutions are out there besides the classic VPN appliance/client software combo?I know there are SSL VPNs and VPNs where you go to a web portal with your browser and enter log on credentials with maybe an RSA token...etc...Can som...

visitor68 by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes