Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! EIGRP and Null0

Hi Everyone,I have router A->B->C running eigrp 1 on all of them.  Router C is running Tunnel gre multipoint and all of its spokes connecting to C get summarization of certain subnets. Router A is advertising 192.218.96.0/22 and 192.110.88.0/24Router...

Please let me know if the following is possible:1- A port on the Cisco 6500, Fa1/1, is configured as an access port     int fa1/1     switchport mode acess     switchport access vlan 100     speed 100     duplex full     no cdp enable     spanning-tr...

Hi,I am about to configure 6 3560 switches with intervlan routing. Each switch will have 3 connections terminating each being point to point link and the rest of the other ports will be a separate VLAN carrying user traffic. My question is what do i ...

I have a Catalyst 2950 switch that is about three years old now and recently I have noticed poor performance by the switch when I copy or move large amounts of data through the switch, for example I have one server in the switch and another in the ne...

I currently have at the distribution layer two 6509's configured with HSRP. I have 10 2950's and 5 3750g switches in the access layer using RSTP. I want to move to a routed access design but don't have the funding currently to replace all of the 2950...

SE zimm by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

This question came from our Cisco Support Community Twitter account.  https://twitter.com/cisco_supportCan ping all external IPs from an Adtran 3305, but can't ping or access some IPs from a connected ASA 5510 routed single mode.  Can you please help...

cscsocial by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am a little confused about the concepts of active vlan and active port.I would try a definition of active vlan:1 - The vlan must be configured.2 - The vlan must have some ports configured in it.3 - The vlan has not been shut down with the "shutdown...

hi,Is it normal that a PC - connected to an IP phone- sends BPDUs? I have one PC that often gets disconnected because the port is in err-disable state:Port      Name               Status       Reason               Err-disabled VlansFa1/0/2   --- Fira...

I have found the following question:What happens when you try to create a trunk link between two switches that have their ports set to dynamic auto?a. The link will become a trunk link.b. The link will become a nontrunked link.c. Both ports will be c...

Folks:It is almost impossible to find literature on market data networks (MDNs). I need deep technical dives on the architecture, traffic flows, practices and products that one can typically find in MDNs. Does anyone have such a white paper or book t...

lamav by Level 8
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

During the process of delivering  the cisco 6509-E switch to the customer, they asked me to show them the Catalyst 6500 256MB DDR, xCEF720 (67xx interface, DFC3A) memory, which is included by default, on the switch. i tried to see it on the sup engin...

Hi,I have a D-Link switch  connected to the "PC port" of an IP phone. It often causes the IP phone to unregister. I first thought it was BPDU Guard that err-disables the port, but with my actual config, I no longer am sure:TNSWACCS01A1#sh run int fa1...

A BGP router receives 2 updates of the same prefix. One is an IBGP update, and the other is an EBGP update. The IBGP prefix has a higher weight. Which route will this BGP router select as the best route to be installed in the routing table?

I am wondering why Root Bridge generates Configuration BPDU at every Hello Timer (default 2 seconds)?Non-Root Bridges relays the Configuration BPDU and keep the lowest BPDU for each port. Why to keep the lowest BPDU for each port? What happens if a p...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card