Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,If switches do not have the mls qos command what happens to incoming packets that have a DSCP or CoS value configured?  Do they get reset?Also, if a switch does have mls qos command, but an interface is not set to trust DSCP or CoS, will any marki...

I’ve got Catalyst 3750 switch. On the ingress port (Gi1/0/4) I am receiving lot of traffic from some Voice equipment.  This is the configuration:interface GigabitEthernet1/0/4 description "media" switchport access vlan 113 switchport mode access serv...

Hi,I would like to create management network in my environment, currently we have 3750 and act as layer 2 for other vlans(DMZ,Internal), can i create new manemennt vlan that only act as layer 3 ( enable ip routing) or if i enable ip routing  will it ...

Hi Guys this is a requirement that my teacher assigme, I can´t do it... is posible?-L-1 and L-2 they must communicate via the ethernet  shared by "S-AR to Central as primary path, while the serial connection between R-1  and R-2 will be as a backup p...

I'm trying to rate limit  traffic on vlan1 for less than 1 mb. I use the following config and tried topush upto 6mb with the hope that higher than 1 mb will be dropped but it didn't happen in my case.when I do show int vlan 1 rate-limit I don't see a...

nawas by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am trying to figure out if the 3750-x and the 3560-x line will support the routing of 9k jumbo frames or are they also limited to the only switching 9k jumbo similar to 3750 and the 3750E?  Thanks in advance.Saro

saro by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Forgive if i am asking a dump question, a link-flap errordisable flap value is 5 flaps in 10 seconds will error-disable a port. I am seeing a port put in to errordisable in less than 5 flaps in about 8 seconds!Does anyone know what states a port goes...

Hi,I've just installed a frame-realy lab for the first time and started using it. It's really basic with one hub router (R1) and two spoke routers (R2 and R3). I've setup two subnets 192.168.100.0/30 and 192.168.100.4/30.Although I can ping the spoke...

dan_track by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello's,So I have what is probably a very dumb question.  Here is what I have:ASA5505 e0/1 ---> switch2960G ge0/24Laptop ---> switch 2960G ge0/1Right now I'm able to get out to the WAN, but I want to get VLAN trunking working.  This is on the switch:...

I was wondering if a shut, no shut, will actually clear that particular mac address and force the switch to relearn??  I am deploying Cisco NAC and ran into an issues where the shut no shut did not actually force the mac out of the mac address table....

Have a dilemma with max vlans. We're a service provider, and as such, we give each customer their own dedicated subnet and VLAN. The basic topology is 4500's as distribution switches and 2960's as access switches. We have ESX/HV hosts running off of ...