Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,I am having problem with a simple NAT configuration, and not able to figure out. I can not connect to the Internet. I am not able to find enough information about NAT-NVI: translation failed (A) error.thanks here is the configinterface FastEtherne...

hi, I would like to know that how can i load balance traffic across multiple servers in a round robin fashion on MAC base. I mean that incoming user traffic will get the reply from 1st server MAC ,  2nd request will get the responce from 2nd server ...

Hi,I have the below setup.cisco 3550-1 ---- layer 3 etherchannel --- cisco 3550-2                                                                |                                                                | layer 2 etherchannel                  ...

noobieee7 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I've configured etherchannel on my switch but i can only ping the default vlan 200, but not other VLANs. This is a layer 3 switch - routing is enabled.Any ideas?interface Port-channel1 switchport trunk native vlan 200 switchport trunk encapsulation d...

after1111 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi  every bodyI was reading my book about  what are the best practice when it comes to vlans.  The book says   ' though not the best practice,  you can design a network to use one subnet on multiple vlans and use routers with proxy arp enabled to for...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi every body.i have few questions about private vlan.1) Can a private vlan have more than one promiscuous port?2)   consider the following scenario:sw1---trunk-----sw2-------trunk-----sw3----trunk------------routersw1 has vlan 1sw2 has vlan2sw3 has ...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Today morning I faced a issue with one of the module in 4500 switch. Many interfaces were down. LAn cable was perfect when tested. However when I changed speed and duplex manualy to 100/full all these interfaces came up. The problem was in only one m...

HiI have been trying to trunk to 2960  switches and can't seem to get a proper connection. I am using packet  tacer. The 1st switch already has a trunk port going to a router and the  router has port is trunked and has sub ints for each of vlans 2 an...

rprudent by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Switch1#show mac-address-tableDynamic Address Count:                 19Secure Address Count:                  0Static Address (User-defined) Count:   0System Self Address Count:             41Total MAC addresses:                   50Non-static Addres...

macky1313 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have seen this issue before and have looked all over for the answer but can't find it .  We create a etherchannel on 4 ports with the exact same config line for line , we bring up the channel 3 show say in port channel 150 and the 4th ends up int...

glen.grant by VIP Alumni
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi every body.I just want to know   when we use the command "  show int "  on a cisco switch,   it will show different counters such as input error ,output error,  etc.What are input error and output error?  what is considered as input  and output?th...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have a Juniper server plugged into a Layer2 switch on vlan100 on my dmz and this works ok.  Now i want to plug in an internet mail server onto that layer2 switch but in vlan193.  However when i do a no shut on vlan193, vlan 100 goes into shut...

ohareka70 by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi every body.I have this scenario.I understand it is not the best design practice.  Still just want to know if it works.Sw1  has   one vlan1.  Two  subnets   10.10.10.0/24, 11.11.11.0/24  are used inside vlan1 by different hosts.  " R"  router is ...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have a couple of 3750G's that I'd like to point to my syslog and log most issues above the debug level, how can I do this?  I think I have configure the switches to point to the syslog server but I need to set the logging level and I guess th...