Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have a question that may have an easy answer, I just don’t know it. I am responsible for a network with approximately 107 switches and 11 routers with one other guy. We currently have a ton of extra cabling with no end user. It is causing the switc...

HiI have detected a possible memory leak in ten WS-C6504-E, the *Dead* process seems to be the one holding more than 1 MB of memory without relinquishing it any time. The *Dead* process is not a real process. It only accounts for the memory allocated...

Dear All,I have 3750 switches as core switches and 2960 switches in my network.Now I need to configure my network for Dynamic VLAN .I have checked the 3750 configuration guide and as per the document I found that, we cannot configure 3750 and 2960 sw...

Resolved! sh arp on router

Hi all,I did sh arp on router2650xm#sh arpProtocol  Address          Age (min)  Hardware Addr   Type   InterfaceInternet  96.51.x.x          -   000f.8f6d.7e60  ARPA   FastEthernet0/0Internet  192.168.1.40           95   000b.be59.cc60  ARPA   FastEt...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I have 2650 router connected to Cable modemHere is output of sh ip route 2650xm#sh ip routeCodes: C - connected, S - static, R - RIP, M - mobile, B - BGP       D - EIGRP, EX - EIGRP external, O - OSPF, IA - OSPF inter area       N1 - OSPF NSSA...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi there,I am part of a team project at Glasgow Cali Uni. Was wondering of anyone knew how to log blocked traffic on the router. I know as much as that i need to set up an access list and the only traffic i should allow is Internet and Email traffic ...

Gardiner2 by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am wondering if it is possible to assign a DHCP address range from the last switch only on a 3 switched stack, and how to do it ?. The reason I ask is that we want to VLAN off the third switch for a certain department and isolate them as much as po...

Can we combine 2 interfaces on same router for redundancy purpose, like we do port channelling on switch.I know for redundancy on 2 layer3 device we can use routing protocols like HSRP,VRRP...Is there any way we can use 2 interfaces on router to assi...

Dear Experts,Can you please guide me in knowing "What is the difference between QoS Features in 2960 & 3560 Switch". I am seeing all the features are present in both the switch models. 2960 also supports L3 Packets, Marking, Policing etc. I refered C...

Hi,I have a setup including Cisco 6509 with SUP720-3B as a Core Switch and Cisco 4507 with SUP II +10GE as HUB switches in redundent mode. We have created several L3 Vlans in the Core switch and allow them upto the Hub Switches as a L2 Vlans. There i...

rite2anil by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Firstly I'd like to apologise for posting to this forum, as I was unsure which one to post to.I've just been told that I can hire another network administrator, my problem is that I've never done or taken a network administration/engineering inter...

dan_track by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes